Zip-Line

sasha6259

Hi,

My friends and I are intersted in trying out the zip-line. Does anyone have any suggestions and information about this. We would also like to take a helicopter ride. Where would the best place be to do this? Thanks.:);)

Hi, I have just booked our Zipline tour, and we selected the 'Zipline Tree Top Tour' and this has 7 zipline runs and is located in Kauai. I did a little bit of research and I found most people were suggesting to do the zipline with the most runs.

I am looking at Helicopter tours also and am having trouble selecting but am leaning towards the circle of fire trip and hope we get lucky and see some lava.

Hi, I have just booked our Zipline tour, and we selected the 'Zipline Tree Top Tour' and this has 7 zipline runs and is located in Kauai. I did a little bit of research and I found most people were suggesting to do the zipline with the most runs.

I am looking at Helicopter tours also and am having trouble selecting but am leaning towards the circle of fire trip and hope we get lucky and see some lava.

Thanks very much Roxy,

Do you have a website or contact details for Zipline Tree Top Tours. Let me know how you get on with the helicopter booking. When are you off on your holiday?

Cheers.

Not speaking from experience here, but from my research. We are going in May, 2010. We booked my daughter on the Princeville Zip and Dip. If you do some searches it comes highly recommended, but so do many others. The Kauai Revealed Book does seem to like the Princeville Zip. My daughter has never been, so she would have been happy with any of them, I am sure. However, we coordinated with a tour my DH and I wanted to take at the Na ‘Āina Kai gardens. We will be able to drop her off, and head to the Gardens for their tour. We get done at four o'clock and she will be done at four thirty. They are about 7 miles apart. When we saw how well that worked out, we went booked it.

I think I read that the Tree Top Tour is with Kauai Backcountry Adventures. You would need to verify that though. That is the one my daughter was originally going to do through the ship. However, once we decided to do the helicopter tour we had to change things around.

We went with Blue Hawaiian for our helicopter. We are doing it in Kauai. They have some pretty nice helicopters they use in Kauia that supposedly have larger windows than other helicopters. Their safety record has been reported as very good. I also read good things about Jack Harter Helicopter tours. Do a search for both and you will find a lot to read. We chose Kauai for the helicopter based on all I have read. If you do a search for best helicopter tours you should come up with lots of old threads. There are two favorite spots for helicopter tours in my research: Kauai and the Big Island. If you want to see Volcanoes the BI seems to be the best choice. Otherwise for lush green scenery, waterfalls, scenic Napali Coastline and canyon views, Kauai seems to be the hands down choice.

Thanks,

Will get cracking with my reserach. We are not going until July but I haven't booked anything yet so need to get onto it.

Not speaking from experience here, but from my research. We are going in May, 2010. We booked my daughter on the Princeville Zip and Dip. If you do some searches it comes highly recommended, but so do many others. The Kauai Revealed Book does seem to like the Princeville Zip. My daughter has never been, so she would have been happy with any of them, I am sure. However, we coordinated with a tour my DH and I wanted to take at the Na ‘Āina Kai gardens. We will be able to drop her off, and head to the Gardens for their tour. We get done at four o'clock and she will be done at four thirty. They are about 7 miles apart. When we saw how well that worked out, we went booked it.

I think I read that the Tree Top Tour is with Kauai Backcountry Adventures. You would need to verify that though. That is the one my daughter was originally going to do through the ship. However, once we decided to do the helicopter tour we had to change things around.

We went with Blue Hawaiian for our helicopter. We are doing it in Kauai. They have some pretty nice helicopters they use in Kauia that supposedly have larger windows than other helicopters. Their safety record has been reported as very good. I also read good things about Jack Harter Helicopter tours. Do a search for both and you will find a lot to read. We chose Kauai for the helicopter based on all I have read. If you do a search for best helicopter tours you should come up with lots of old threads. There are two favorite spots for helicopter tours in my research: Kauai and the Big Island. If you want to see Volcanoes the BI seems to be the best choice. Otherwise for lush green scenery, waterfalls, scenic Napali Coastline and canyon views, Kauai seems to be the hands down choice.

Thanks,

Will get cracking with my reserach. We are not going until July but I haven't booked anything yet so need to get onto it.

Thanks,

From what I have read, summer is a pretty busy time in Hawaii, so you will want to get on it. Most places have 24-48 hour cancellation policies so you can always cancel if you find something better.

I booked the helicopter about 8 weeks out for late May. I wanted to do it on Day 1 in Kauai. However, they did not have early morning slots available, so we went with Day 2 since we could get 8:30 a.m. From all I have read, it is very common in Kauai for the clouds to move in by later in the morning. I wanted to get out as early as we could to increase my chances of clearer weather. I know there are no guarentees, but I like to play the odds.

I did the Kauai backcountry zip in February. Website is http://www.kauaibackcountry.com/zipline.html.

I would 100% recommend this tour, the location was amazing, there were 7 zips, the guides were great. If you want more info let me know, it was the best excursion we have ever done.

We also did Blue Hawaiian tours with Kauai, it was excellent also.

Hi, further to my earlier post. We booked our tour through 'Tom Barefoot's Tours' and they have lots of tour options. The exact one we selected was 'Just Live Kauai - Zipline Tree Top Tour'. We haven't been ziplining before so I'm sure we would be happy with any of the tours that are offered.

I read about ziplining on the NCL excursion list and then I found exactly the same tours on Tom's website. I emailed them a couple of queries before booking and they were very helpful.

I think we will be taking the helicopter on the Big Island, I don't think I can fit it into Kaua'i now that we are ziplining the first day and departing port at 2pm the second day.

We will be in Hawaii mid May - and the daily countdown has begun!

Hi, further to my earlier post. We booked our tour through 'Tom Barefoot's Tours' and they have lots of tour options. The exact one we selected was 'Just Live Kauai - Zipline Tree Top Tour'. We haven't been ziplining before so I'm sure we would be happy with any of the tours that are offered.

I read about ziplining on the NCL excursion list and then I found exactly the same tours on Tom's website. I emailed them a couple of queries before booking and they were very helpful.

I think we will be taking the helicopter on the Big Island, I don't think I can fit it into Kaua'i now that we are ziplining the first day and departing port at 2pm the second day.

We will be in Hawaii mid May - and the daily countdown has begun!

Depending what else you want to do on Day 2 you may be able to fit it in. We are doing a Blue Hawaii Helicopter tour on Day 2. We booked an 8:30 a.m. flight. We need to check in at 7:45 a.m. They said we should be back to the office about 9:45-9:50 a.m. The office is walking distance from the pier. I was told about a 15 minute walk. There is also a shuttle to to the shopping center where they are located. Some helicopter companies pick you up at the pier. I had wanted to do the tour on Day 1, but they only had later times available. Since I keep reading that Kauai tends to cloud up in the mid to late Morning, I wanted the earliest flight out.

I was lucky and was albe to book at 10am tour with Blue Hawaiian, and then did the afternoon tour with Kauai backcountry, which was only 5-10 min away. We had plenty of time to have lunch in between too.

Thanks for all the good advice, will definitely book both soon. Probably try and do the helicopter and zip line in the one day as suggested.

Cheers.:rolleyes:

I was lucky and was albe to book at 10am tour with Blue Hawaiian, and then did the afternoon tour with Kauai backcountry, which was only 5-10 min away. We had plenty of time to have lunch in between too.

Archived