NCQ vs Major T?

acdc2008

Hi, Ive been reading reviews on both for the past several days & cannot decide. Minor Tom has been great getting back to me promptly via email as well as accomadating for what we would like to do however I have read the reviews of some people getting stood up. NCQ also seems to have good reviews. My main concern is safety, I'd like to see the historic/nature side of belize however carnival only offers one or the other which is why I've been researching private tours. Any pros & cons will help, thanks!

I agree with the previous comment. We went with Major Tom June 2009 and were very happy with the trip. He does have an older school bus that transports you to the location(part of the charm i felt). He went along on the bus ride with us, was very pleasant and shared stories. He stressed the importance of safety and explained the reasons for such safety measures. We even had enough time to stop on the way back to pick up a chicken and rice lunch to eat on the way back. Our kids love the chicken and rice on the islands and purchase it on every island we visit. He also has access to tender boats to get you to the ship should they miss the last tender. He was very honest and upfront with us and we highly recommend him and his staff.

• 2 weeks later...

We used NCQ for a cave tubing / Altun Ha tour, and they were great. They're not like the bigger companies, who have multiple guides, and you don't know if you'll be lucky to get a good one. Cynthia drove and Nacho explained everything. It's their own family business, so it was their interest to provide the best service for us. They had a comfy van for the 4 of us. The country seems not very safe, but we felt very safe with N&C.

• 4 weeks later...
We used NCQ for a cave tubing / Altun Ha tour, and they were great. They're not like the bigger companies, who have multiple guides, and you don't know if you'll be lucky to get a good one. Cynthia drove and Nacho explained everything. It's their own family business, so it was their interest to provide the best service for us. They had a comfy van for the 4 of us. The country seems not very safe, but we felt very safe with N&C.

We used ncq and I agree with your comments. We had a really great experience with them. Nacho is very knowledgable about Belize and its history and I feel like we learned a lot about the country on their tour. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Warning: Do not use Major Tom in Belize. We just got back on the Legend on 5/30. We booked with him for zip line & cave tubing. The cave tubing was cancelled. This is where we should have walked away. Instead they told us we had time to do the Altun Ha excursion and the zip line. What they don't tell you is that they are on opposite sides of the country. Some of our group was only going to Altun Ha. Because of Major Tom's greed, he took us to both sites. We were on the bus for approximately 1 1/2 hours each way to the mayan site and then 1 hour each way to the zip line. Long story short....we made it back to the last tender at 4:02. It was supposed to leave at 4:00. They even stopped roadside for lunches, because they didn't want to refund any money at 2:45 PM. No one ate the lunch, because we were all scared about missing the boat. We told them to go on, but Major Tom had insisted they get our lunch, so he wouldn't have to refund any money. Please do not take the chance of using this company. The zip line portion at Jaguar Paw was wonderful. Our guides of Ronnie & Israel were great. It worked out,Barely, and we made the boat, but who needs this extra stress on vacation.

Warning: Do not use Major Tom in Belize. We just got back on the Legend on 5/30. We booked with him for zip line & cave tubing. The cave tubing was cancelled. This is where we should have walked away. Instead they told us we had time to do the Altun Ha excursion and the zip line. What they don't tell you is that they are on opposite sides of the country. Some of our group was only going to Altun Ha. Because of Major Tom's greed, he took us to both sites. We were on the bus for approximately 1 1/2 hours each way to the mayan site and then 1 hour each way to the zip line. Long story short....we made it back to the last tender at 4:02. It was supposed to leave at 4:00. They even stopped roadside for lunches, because they didn't want to refund any money at 2:45 PM. No one ate the lunch, because we were all scared about missing the boat. We told them to go on, but Major Tom had insisted they get our lunch, so he wouldn't have to refund any money. Please do not take the chance of using this company. The zip line portion at Jaguar Paw was wonderful. Our guides of Ronnie & Israel were great. We made it back to the boat, barely, but who needs this extra stress on vacation. It was waaaaay to close.

Archived