Anyone sailed Freedom of the Seas in forward oceanview family stateroom?

JENANDGENE

If so can you give me opinions?

Spcifically we have 8200 and on the deck plans it "looks" bigger than the others to me? Or am I just imagining things?

Also how was the walk from being so far forward? Was it inconvenient? And if you use the forward elevators to go up to the pool deck can you get "around" the solarium with your kids or is there no other way but through that area.....

If so can you give me opinions?

Spcifically we have 8200 and on the deck plans it "looks" bigger than the others to me? Or am I just imagining things?

Also how was the walk from being so far forward? Was it inconvenient? And if you use the forward elevators to go up to the pool deck can you get "around" the solarium with your kids or is there no other way but through that area.....

We will have this room 7/25 on Liberty. Last year we had 7500. My understanding is that 8200 is bigger and has a different setup. The area with the bunk beds is a small room with a door that closes. In 7500 it is more of a "closet" with a curtain. There is another small area with the large bed which has a curtain for privacy and then the pullout couch in the main area. Both have one bathroom.

We didn't mind being that far forward, we had a smooth sailing so motion and movement was not an issue. My kids were 11, 9 and 6 so they were fine with all the walking. I will say if anyone has mobility issues or if you have an toddler/young child they may get tired for all the walking. I saw it as a good way to walk off the calories I was eating :).

We did walk through the solarium to get to the H2O zone-wasn't aware we shouldn't have, just that the kids could not stay and swim or hang out in that area.

We like the FOV room for now. I think in a year or so, when my children are teens, the one bathroom will be an issue.

Thanks Jill!!

If you could please post a review of it (maybe some pics??) when you go I would be SOOO appreciative!!!

I will do that, I am not the best writer, so not sure how great my review will be.:o

• 1 month later...

I stayed in room 8500 freedom may 9-16th. We also got to look in room 8200 next door after the guests in 8200 disemarked prior to us.

8500 was great and has more space and more windows (3 large forward facing windows - beautiful) than any other family staterooms other than 8200.

BUT, 8200 is a much better room. The common area is about twice the size of 8500. It also has a larger room that houses the bunkbeds than does 8500. Has the same great windows as 8500.

We had myself, wife, 3 year old twins and mother in law and my mother. (grandmoms stayed in the bunks). Our kids slept in the pull out couch in the common area. Well, let's not lie here - they seemed to end up in bed with us by morniing time!

I would guess there was probably a bit more movement here in the front of the boat but the Freedom was so big the movement was less than any other boat I have ever been on.

We walked up the stairs to deck 11 (home of the H20 zone) and did walk through the solarium on the way to the zone. It was either that or go to 12 and and the scary siderails (at least if you are chasing toddlers they are scary) or go down and walk to the other side of the ship through the promenade. So... Sorry to all those solarium folks but we cut through every time - people were exposed to my children walking by for a total of about 10 seconds. I think one time my son was crying because we didn;t let him have An ice cream cone.

Anyway -8200 for sure if you can get it.

Glenn

Archived