Transportation in Aruba (Port to High Rise Beaches)

CCress9324

What is your recommendation for mode of transportation to get to the beaches from the pier? Is it that much more costly to travel by taxi as opposed to traveling by bus? What do most cruisers use while in Aruba to get to the beaches from the pier? Please let me know.

What is your recommendation for mode of transportation to get to the beaches from the pier? Is it that much more costly to travel by taxi as opposed to traveling by bus? What do most cruisers use while in Aruba to get to the beaches from the pier? Please let me know.

Cab fare from the pier to Allegro is about $10 one way. The bus would be $1 or $2 one way. There is a bus stop right outside most of the Highrise hotels. When I was in Aruba last year I did one of the island tours that you can purchase at the pier for $15pp, it was a nice and cheap way to see the island. The tour lasted about 2-3 hours. When the driver took us past the hotels, she asked if anyone wanted to get out. I planned to do a day pass at Allegro, so I paid for the tour and walked over to the hotel. Since it was only $5 more than a cab ride over, this option worked out great.

Not sure which beach or resorts you were planning to visit, but a day pass at Allegro is a wonderful deal for $45 which includes drinks, food and a gorgeous beach the deal ran from 9am-6pm. I believe I arrived at noon and stayed until 5.

Have a wonderful cruise!

We visited Aruba about 4 years ago. Went to the beaches by local bus. As I remember there was a bus stop near the dock, the bus was very clean.

We just jumped on and told the driver to tell us when a nice part of beach was coming up and to stop for us. He stopped somewhere and yes, it was a beautiful beach. We walked along the beach, swam, snorkled and then caught the bus back. A great inexpensive day.

I was in Aruba almost 2 years ago and rented a car since we were in port until midnight. This allowed us to drive all over the island and see the beaches, natural bridge, and lighthouse. They rent cars in the morning at the cruise pier.

Archived