dry season/cave tubing

hotdog647

Other posters have mentioned about low water flow and low levels in the caves. Some mentioned they had to be pulled through some areas or dragged on the rocky bottoms. Is this related to the dry or wet season, a particular cave, or something that is just hit or miss? Any info appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

I googled it and found this: http://www.belize.com/belize-annual-rainfall.html

Sounds like the dry season is from November to May with April as the driest month. It does say it's a gradual process, so those going in December won't find levels as low as in April.

Our cruise is in late March...guess we may be looking at ruins instead of cave tubing.

We did this on the 5th I think. sorry just got off a cruise and all my days are running together :D:D:D anyhow it was AWESOME!! It is dry season and some times they do have to pull you but it is totally worth it. We went with cave dash tubing dot com and had a blast they were funny and new alot about the trees and the area. The water is perfect and there are not a lot of bugs druing this time of year (tour guides said it was worse druing the wet season.) I hope you go it was awesome !!! BUTTS UP ;)

Archived