Zenith Cruise in March 2004

CruiseLuvr6

We just returned from this cruise to Southern Caribbean and it was our first time on Celebrity. What a joke it was!!! While the food was decent and the cabin was clean, the entertainment and activities were lame.

This was a 2-week cruise and we only had one midnight buffet which they had the nerve to call a Grand Buffet. It was so small and hardly nothing on it. On two nights they had 3 tables set up poolside with the band playing but I sure wouldn't call this a buffet. One night the wind was blowing so bad, you thought we were in a hurricane. The dance floor was covered with water from the pools.

The band, "Onlyne", played the same songs over and over each night and were off-key. Very amateur and lousy. The cruise director, Donnell Davis, was a joke. Every program he ran was ridiculous. The activity staff didn't care if they held their events or not. In fact, sometimes they just cancelled them for no reason. They didn't have any prizes for the first 3 days for any activities - didn't they know we were cruising??

When one of the lounge duos got sick, they were replaced by a guitar player. We went 2 different times to try to see him. The first time, he wasn't there. Waiter said he was coming. When he did finally come, it was to get his guitar and leave. The 2nd time he wasn't there again. He had gotten seasick. Imagine a cruise ship entertainer who gets seasick!!

For being our first 2-week cruise, we were bored to death for something to do and couldn't wait to get home.

We paid a lot extra for this cruise thinking Celebrity was supposed to be one of the better cruise lines, but would seriously have to think about ever going with them again. I have emailed them twice of our displeasure and they haven't even bothered to reply. How's that for customer service!!

Wow!! What was your previous experience in cruising? Were you on the same cruise that I took on March 28th? If you were, I guess that you're not cut out to be a frequent cruiser. This was our 20th cruise, and one of the best that we've taken, and we're not that easy to please. Donnell Davis was one of the best, hardest working cruise directors that we've encountered. Food and serve was excellent, as was the cruise staff. Games were challenging, and we were never at a loss for activities. I know that one of the entertainers became ill, but what would you have the entertainment staff do? You can't easily book replacements at sea.

As for the buffets, they are low on our priority list. If you look at the daily schedule, they'll tell you if a buffet is scheduled in advance. The dining room staff will gladly serve you 2 or 3 entrees if you need something to tide you over until breakfast.

Archived