First post-Review of PB and comments

POEBUS

Hello. I started reading Cruise Critic boards a couple of months before my first cruise in October 2004. I went to Paradise Beach because of this board and would like to share my experience. When we got to PB I have to admit it was not exactly what I expected. It had been built up so much on this board I thought it would be bigger and more senic. After my initial thoughts I found it to be very nice and pretty. I cant say enough about the fact that the place was clean! clean! clean! We had a great time. I didnt think our waiter was very friendly though. The only time I ever get heartburn is when I drink. I am not a big drinker but on vacation I want to drink! Sure enough, I forgot the heartburn stuff on the ship and It got so bad I thought I was gonna die! The wonderful staff at the bar shuffled around and found PB Tom and he came to the rescue with the first aid kit and gave me what he had. I recovered and finished out the day (special note-Tom is really nice looking!). Hows that for service!! Did I enjoy PB. Absolutely! I do believe one can get a different picture of the place in your head. That is easy to do if you have never been there and are just reading others posts. It turned out to be a great time for me and my family.

Thoughts on the other stuff going on. I never once thought PB Tom self-promoted the place on this board. What gets confusing is all the different posts jumbled up in one spot. I think It would be wonderful if there was a spot for reviews, a spot for chit chat and a spot for PB questions. PB is big on these boards a rightfully so. It should have its on place here so research can be done on other things easier than you can do it now.

Thank you everyone here for making my first cruise such a great experience. I learned so much here that I never would have known otherwise. I am booked for March 20 on the Conquest and so excited I can hardly stand it! I will never post so long again. Sorry about this.

P.S. PB Tom thanks for your help that day. I really thought I was dying!

Hey, I remember you!! So glad that we had some Pepto for you and that you didn't suffer a relapse!

Bummer to hear about our unfriendly waiter but I hope the rest of us made up for that. Sounds like you had a wonderful day, even though we didn't look like ya pictured in your head. It's like when people read comments on my looks and then they get here and see the truth!! :confused: :eek:

Thanx for your support and yeah!...One PB thread would sure make my life easier as well!

Hasta la vista!

I knew you would remember me. I would like to explain my remark on PB being not what I pictured. I expected some really huge resort with lots of palm trees. I think someone else posted that they expected PB to look different as well. It turned out I was glad it wasnt as big as I expected it to be. About the waiter, no big deal. I had everyone else bending over backwards to help me out! I forgot to mention the food and drinks were excellent. See, I am saying alot of the same things about PB that I have read over and over from others. Unless someone has a horrible experience there most posts are going to be similar. Thats a good thing for PB.

By the way, I have all kinds of heartburn meds for the March trip.

Thanks for your response

Archived