Anyone use a car service/shuttle in Jacksonville?

Tggrtoes

I don't think I asked this here (did ask on Carnival board)... does anyone have a recommendation for a car service / shuttle in Jacksonville? We're flying in the day before our cruise, so of course can't use Carnival's service.

Our hotel does have transportation, but it's insanely expensive. I need to check Super Shuttle too. Thought about just renting a car, but parking at the hotel is way pricey (we're staying for free so I can't really complain!).

TIA!

Stacey

I don't think I asked this here (did ask on Carnival board)... does anyone have a recommendation for a car service / shuttle in Jacksonville? We're flying in the day before our cruise, so of course can't use Carnival's service.

Our hotel does have transportation, but it's insanely expensive. I need to check Super Shuttle too. Thought about just renting a car, but parking at the hotel is way pricey (we're staying for free so I can't really complain!).

TIA!

Stacey

Hi Stacey!

I am flying into Jacksonville the night before my cruise, too! Here is what I am doing (I did the same thing last year in Orlando)...the hotel I am staying at has a free shuttle to and from the airport. So, I will have the hotel shuttle pick me up at the airport on Friday night. I will have the free hotel shuttle take me back to the airport on Saturday morning where I will meet my friends (they fly in Sat. morning) and board the Carnival shuttle to the port. I believe the Carnival shuttle is $15 per person each way.

It sounds a lot crazier than it actually is. Last year it was a piece of cake! I hope this helps!

Thanks for the suggestion. If our hotel had a free shuttle service, that would make a lot of sense. Might be worth switching to the Hyatt Place at the airport even though it will cost a bit more for room. Sigh - I had no ideas that this would be the most complicated thing of the trip! We've always done a car service - usually one that is recommended here on cruise critic. Thought this would be the easy part! :eek:

Archived