Riviera Deck...noises from BELOW???

cali-croozer

We'll be on the Riviera deck, inside rooms/mid-ship, on the Conquest. I always make sure we're not on top of or below a disco or other potentially loud spot when I pick a room, but never thought of what is below the Riviera deck. I read a review of somebody on the Victory who's Riviera deck room was right on top of the staff bar/lounge and they heard loud noises and music into the wee hours of the night.:(

Anybody ever have this kind of experience in a Riviera deck room? I was trying to save money -- booked 2 rooms, but I do need my sleep.:)

I was on the Riviera Deck on the Conquest in stateroom #1377. I did hear a lot of banging noises coming from below, like a metal on metal sound, mostly in the morning between 7 and noon. They were much quieter in the afternoon, evening and overnight. I am a very light sleeper and was worried that these noises would interfere with my sleep, but they were pretty quiet overnight.

Our quietest cabins have been on the Riveria deck, haven't had that problem. Only "loud" cabin noise we heard on the R deck was when we were in the cabin directly above the gangway. We heard the crew putting that out when we arrived at port, usually about 7am ish at the earliest. Not really a problem or really loud. We usually are up by 8am anyway so we were already waking up and that is why we heard it, otherwise it could be slept thru easily.

Stayed on the Riviera Deck on the Miracle...about midship...and we never heard a thing. I had taken some earplugs along just in case, and after the first few nights thought how silly it was that I had taken them since it was so quiet. We liked it so much on the Riviera Deck that we booked the Riviera Deck on the Glory this October. Love watching the water go by our window :)

We were on the Riviera Deck last February and the Panorama Deck this past November. The Riviera Deck was quieter. We heard lots of banging on the Panorama Deck. This past cruise was an interior room. We were worried but the room was great (smaller than the oceanview though). My husband and I both agreed that we got a better sleep in that room due to the darkness (no window). Have a great cruise! Wish I was going, too.

Sensation -- March 3, 2005

Conquest -- Nov, 2004

Holiday -- Sept, 2004

Conquest -- Feb, 2004

Holiday -- Nov, 2002

There are advantages to being on the Riviera Deck! It is quieter than other decks directly below public areas. If you run into rough seas, the lower decks rock and pitch to a far lesser degree than the upper decks. There is a myth that the higher the deck, the better the cruise. But for many reasons, decks closer to the sea offer many advantages!

Only noise we had on Riviera Deck was a couple down the hall that had screaming matches every night. (Apparently, they met not long before the cruise, and the second night out, the woman slept with someone she met on board ship) Most nights, they'd only last ten or twenty minutes, so we let it slide, but the very last night of the cruise, when my mother and I were trying to get a good night's sleep because the next day of travelling would be fairly stressful, these people would not shut up. We must have listened to it for an hour, and then I heard breaking glass, and I called security to complain. So a guard went to their cabin (I don't know what he said). The rest of the night, a guard patrolled the hallway pretty regularly, and we never heard another peep from them. I told Mom "Gee, we should have called the first night they started fighting!" But I guess most people are reluctant to get involved in that sort of thing, because I know we weren't the only ones they were keeping awake that week, but we were the only ones to call security.

I have been on both an upper deck (Celebration) and Riviera deck (Elation) and I will book nothing but a Riviera deck from now on (unless it's a balcony). There was much less noise and movement on the Riviera deck plus on excursion days you are closer to the gang plank to get off faster and easier.

We had OV last year on the Elation and it was great..no you are not under water LOL.. We were mid ship and there was NO noise but I have heard if you are on the aft you will hear the anchor dropping and motors etc. We had no problem mid ship.

I was on the Riviera Deck on the Conquest in stateroom #1377. I did hear a lot of banging noises coming from below, like a metal on metal sound, mostly in the morning between 7 and noon. They were much quieter in the afternoon, evening and overnight. I am a very light sleeper and was worried that these noises would interfere with my sleep, but they were pretty quiet overnight.

When we were on the Glory on the Riveria deck we heard like metal banging. When we asked information they just siad it was the ship hitting the water, when there wasn't even rough seas.

What are the oceanview rooms like on the Riviera Deck? I am thinking of upgrading my room from a 4C to an oceanview gaurantee. Any pros or cons about an oceanview room on the Riviera Deck?

Thanks,

I liked the oceanview from Riveria deck. It was nice. Still prefer a balcony ;)

Archived