Help! What should i do in St. Thomas?

Nightblue82

Hi everybody... Im leaving on the glory this sunday... YAY!!!:D Ive decided on all the ports what im going to do except St. Thomas.... UGh:confused:.. I dont want to do anything through CC. I want to do some type of snorkeling but cant decide which beach. I would really appreciate some pointers... Thanks:cool:

HMC- Beach day

SJ- Doing a tour with Albert

St. Thomas- ?????

GT- Hang by the pool

You can rent gear there as well. The reef is large and we saw LOTS of fish. I was also very impressed with the variety and type of coral and other sea life.

I would highly recommend Sapphire. It was, however, very crowded because we had 7 ships in port that day, so the gear did "sell out" and some in our group had to wait for it to be turned back in.

^^^ Agree St. John's is a great day trip!

When we were on St. T last on a cruise, we've been here as just a vacation destination only, we rented a jeep from Hertz across the street from the dock for about $80 for the day and drove all over the island stopping at whatever place we wanted. The island is small enough to see all of the great bays and drive around some of the neighborhoods easily in less than a day and although we didn't snorkel here we did have beach and plenty of shopping time. Since it's the U.S. it's not much different then being in any new town and I loved the exploring aspect of it. It may have helped that we had been here previously for an extended time so I was comfortable moving around the island in just one day.

As for snorkeling here is a good page that lists most of the spots and gives a brief description of them as well. http://stthomasvirginisland.com/articles/snorkeling.html

Have fun, wish I was headed there myself I could use a day or 20 at that place!

My favorite place to be....lucky you. Was just there in Janaury. First cruise, we took a tour of the island. Last cruise we did the ferry over the st. john, did a tour and shopping. Go to the port of call posts to get more ideas. If possible, go up to paradise point. The view is incredible. Have a great cruise. :)

We took a taxi and went to Megan's Bay for the day...... It is WONDERFUL!! Rated one of the top 10 Most Beautiful Beaches in the world and I sooooo agree! If you like to snorkle, you can go out forever and still touch the bottom. The water is sooooo calm and pretty. The food is good there as well, as are their famous mixed drink (Bushwacker.... YUM). Hope his helps! :)

My husband and I just came back from St. Thomas (April 14) and we went with Jollymon and Captain Gayle. We sailed to Buck Island and snorkeled for an 1.5 hours and we were the only ones there! It was great! We did the afternoon half day sail. (She picked us up from the cruise ship dock...she also told us she picks up directly from the resorts around there too.)

I would go again with Gayle in a minute... it was so relaxed and fun!

When we got back we did the Tram up to the top of the island and a couple of Bushwackers... AWESOME view!!

Hope you have fun... St. Thomas is beautiful! :D

We took a taxi and went to Megan's Bay for the day...... It is WONDERFUL!! Rated one of the top 10 Most Beautiful Beaches in the world and I sooooo agree! If you like to snorkle, you can go out forever and still touch the bottom. The water is sooooo calm and pretty. The food is good there as well, as are their famous mixed drink (Bushwacker.... YUM). Hope his helps! :)

Ya im looking forward to the Bushwacker.........lol:p How much did the taxi charge you? Its going to be me and a friend..... Want to have an idea how much money I should have on me?

Archived