Boston hotel with transportation to port

tranquility

For the first time, we will be cruising with Holland out of Boston. We are wondering if anyone can steer us in the right direction for hotels which offer transportation to the port. My husband has some mobility issues so it's either that or a taxi but he prefers finding a hotel with transportation.

You all are always so helpful.

Could you give us more details about your plans in Boston? Quite frankly the hotels that offer transportation to the port are not hotels that we recommend - they are in fringe areas, not the best of hotels, and really not that close to the port. What is your hotel budget? What date do you need a room? 2 people, 1 bed? Boston hotel rooms are expensive and the strategy we most often suggest is to use Priceline or Hotwire. There is a 4* hotel that frequently is on Hotwire (Westin) that is several blocks from the pier - a taxi from there would not be a problem. But staying near the pier may not be the best if you want to explore around Boston.

We are planning 1 night pre-cruise, Sept. 3. Maybe 2 more nights post cruise, Sep. 11 & 12. 2 people with Queen bed or 2 doubles would be fine. Budget is under $100 per night. My concern with Priceline, etc. is I really need a no smoking which isn't always a guarantee from what I understand.

We will be sightseeing some and plan to rely on public transportation for that.

$100/night is totally unrealistic for a Boston hotel. We might be able to find you something, but it would be a dump, or definitely not smoke-free, or in an awful location.

I checked Hotwire for 3 people (this would give you 2 beds) and am seeing the 4* Waterfront hotel on 9/3 for $129 + tax and the same hotel on 9/11-12 for $135 + tax. This is a smoke-free hotel - it's most likely the Westin Convention Center. For you folks its a great choice - one block from the "T", close to the pier, and close to the downtown attractions via the "T" plus 2 beds and smoke free.

Thanks, 138east. Your suggestion is well taken. I didn't really expect to get a room for $100 but wanted it as close as possible. Thanks for letting me know the Westin is smoke-free. That is always my major concern, second is budget. Hotwire, here I come!

Archived