Room ?

Emmieooo

Hi everyone, my Dh and I are going on our first cruise in 12 days! We booked inside guarentee on the carnival sensation. We were assigned a 4d #e205

My question is I noticed that this is a joining room. And obviously we are not traveling wit hthe folks roomed next door. Will this be a problem? Will we be able to hear our neighbors and vice versa more?

Hi everyone, my Dh and I are going on our first cruise in 12 days! We booked inside guarentee on the carnival sensation. We were assigned a 4d #e205

My question is I noticed that this is a joining room. And obviously we are not traveling wit hthe folks roomed next door. Will this be a problem? Will we be able to hear our neighbors and vice versa more?

Just like in a motel/hotel with an adjoining room. there are doors in between the rooms.

Just pray they are'nt newleweds:D:D

Just like in a hotel/motel with adjoining rooms, you will have a door between the two, with locks on both sides. We've had one of these rooms once, and didn't notice any more "noise" from the next door neighbors than usual. Bottom line is, "don't worry about it", and just enjoy your cabin, and cruise. It's going to be GREAT! (Chances are you'll never see, or hear the folks next door.)

"SKY"

(Chances are you'll never see, or hear the folks next door.)

"SKY"

LOL..not matter if you have an adjoining room or not, you can usually always hear the people next door...the walls are pretty thin. ;)

LOL..not matter if you have an adjoining room or not, you can usually always hear the people next door...the walls are pretty thin. ;)

LOL MANY years ago, aboard a ship that is not around any longer, (Emerald Seas) there was a rumor that a young newleywed couple had a "small problem". It seems that the groom stuck his foot through the wall, into the adjoining cabin during a round of amour! :eek: Now THAT'S a thin wall! ;)

"SKY"

Was that the only cabin available? Why did you choose that one? Location? I only ask because I had difficulty getting connecting cabins on our cruise. There aren't many of those cabins. However, in several cases people would book a cabin but not the room that connected to it. It was unfortunate because we need the connecting room for our kids. Anyway, it worked out for us in the end. However, I did wonder why someone who did not need both rooms would book that cabin.....I also wondered why the cruiseline would allow it if they had other regular cabins available.

Hi, Emmieooo!

I actually wish first time cruisers would not read these boards! It can create so many worries due to negative attitudes or spoilt cruisers ;) We really enjoyed our first cruise on a similar ship (Fantasy). We did hear our neighbors, simply because it was an older ship and we were surrounded by a high school band without chaperones :eek:. That was on the Riviera deck - thus the cheapest cabins for a school trip. You are on the Empress deck, which is one of the better decks for that ship!

There are too many variables to know whether you will have noisy neighbors. However, cruising is such a different experience that you will have a blast - no matter what. My advice would be to skip over negative comments and start packing the sun lotion and shades.:cool:

Happy cruising... hope there will be many more for you.

Was that the only cabin available? Why did you choose that one? Location? I only ask because I had difficulty getting connecting cabins on our cruise. There aren't many of those cabins. However, in several cases people would book a cabin but not the room that connected to it. It was unfortunate because we need the connecting room for our kids. Anyway, it worked out for us in the end. However, I did wonder why someone who did not need both rooms would book that cabin.....I also wondered why the cruiseline would allow it if they had other regular cabins available.

We booked an inside guarentee, and that was the cabin that was assigned to us. Thats why I was a bit confused about why we were assigned this room.

Thanks for all the responded. I guess it was just kind of wierd that they would give us this room when im sure others would request joining rooms.

Hopefully noise wont be an issue, for us or our neighbors.

Archived