Hear Banging in front of the ship?

We are sailing on the May 29 cruise in balcony cabin #9154, 9156 & 9153, but after reading a few reviews I'm getting a little concerned. People have stated that they were hearing loud bangs as the waves hit the front of the ship. Has anyone expierenced this problem and do you think it's annoying enough to see if we can change the locations of our room. Please help us decide as it's coming upon us quickly now (yipee!! yahoo!!) and if its going to be annoying I want to call my TA and get our rooms moved. Thanks in advance for the input

I haven't been on the Oasis yet, I am sailing on the same date you are, but I experienced banging from waves on the Jewel of the Seas.

This is what I will say about it: being that you are on the 9th deck, I don't know how you would hear these noises. We only heard banging noises from waves because we were in a 3rd deck front cabin, right near the water line (we later requested a new cabin as it was our honeymoon and they moved us without a problem). Now I know these are different ships, but I couldn't imagine waves reaching as high as deck 9!!!

Hopefully someone who has been on Oasis can confirm my thoughts.:)

We had cabin #9132 which is the first balcony on the port side of deck 9 and we didn't hear any banging in our cabin. Al we could hear was the wind blowing outside and from the balcony we could hear the waves but never banging. We had some pretty rough seas during our sailing (lots of rain and Aquatheater show canceled multiple times due to rocking) yet even on the promenade in the very front I could look down and see the big waves cresting along the bow yet never heard any kind of banging.

Archived