Soda program. is it worth it??

principessa7

We have a 3yo and 6yo. We are trying to figure out if it would be better just to buy each soda or get the package. They'll probably drink 2 sodas/juices a day. How much is a soda??

Do the kids have to wear a bracelet or can you get a sticker?? My DD will not be able to tolerate the bracelet.

Can I buy the teen coupon booklet for frozen drinks/smoothies even though I don't have any teenagers??

We have a 3yo and 6yo. We are trying to figure out if it would be better just to buy each soda or get the package. They'll probably drink 2 sodas/juices a day. How much is a soda??

Do the kids have to wear a bracelet or can you get a sticker?? My DD will not be able to tolerate the bracelet.

Can I buy the teen coupon booklet for frozen drinks/smoothies even though I don't have any teenagers??

I just got off the Pride of America. I have to say that it depends on how much time you plan on spending on the ship. Soda was around $2.50 on board our ship. The daily plan was about $7.00 and the 7 day plan was about $45. We literally bought 2 sodas on board and just bought soda when we were on land and bought more when we were about to get back on. It was a lot cheaper.

However, the Pride of America is at a port each day. I don't know how many at-sea days your trip will have. I'd advise taking it day by day and NOT getting the weekly package.

Also, on POA, if you got a package, they simply put a sticker on your room key card. There were no bracelets that I was aware of. But have someone else confirm all of this. POA was my first cruise.

Probably not for kids that young. When mine were that age I would carry one six-pack of soda (bottles, with re-closable lids). Its not too cumbersome to carry one six-pack, and that got me half-way through the cruise before we even had to think about buying a soda on board. As mentioned, buying soda at port is cheaper. With this combination you may not ever buy one on board!

We didn't buy the soda packages this time and my kids did not miss them. We brought our own soda, two 12 packs and water on board and found this much cheaper, and easier because it seems that my kids would "remember' they were thirsty whenever they finally got back to the cabin. It would have been a pain to go up to a bar and get a soda at that point and room service does not utilize the soda card. I think we may have bought about 4 sodas on board. Friends of ours bought the soda package for their family of four, over $120 which they said they would never do again....very expensive souvenier mugs;)

I don't find the soda package to be worth it. The bartenders were never outright rude, but serving passengers with the soda card is not high on their list of favorite things to do and it can make things a bit uncomfortable.

I'm also curious about whether or not the teen passport can be purchased without a teen.

Archived