EZ Cruise vs. Lighthouse parking

cruisebarbie

I have used Lighthouse for 3 years in a row and have no complaints. You can book online and save a few dollars.

I always drive to the terminal first, drop my bags off with one of the men in the Hawaiian shirts and then drive to Lighthouse. My bags are getting loaded onto the ship and I have a leisurely shuttle trip or walk to the terminal with just my carry on bag.

We have used both and to me Lighthouse seemed to be friendlier. They also had more shuttles and were there to pick us up when we got off the ship. Everything just worked out smoother with Lighthouse.

I have used EZ Cruise on both my cruises and I like them. I have not used Lighthouse. My TA recommended EZ over Lighthouse for a couple of reasons. For one, it's closer to the cruise terminal, and two, EZ is run by local firefighters.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, you never know which parking lot your getting at Ez...have had the closest one on all of mine but once, and I didnt not like the one farthest away. And according to mileage, Lighthouse is a little closer...that being said, Ive never used LH. I didnt know that Ez was run by fire fighters...I have a question for any that have use either one of these lately..one of the last times I used EZ, they told me I could not arrive early. I like getting there around 10:30 and going on over to the ship..anyone know if they have an early arrival time?

Actually, you never know which parking lot your getting at Ez...have had the closest one on all of mine but once, and I didnt not like the one farthest away. And according to mileage, Lighthouse is a little closer...that being said, Ive never used LH. I didnt know that Ez was run by fire fighters...I have a question for any that have use either one of these lately..one of the last times I used EZ, they told me I could not arrive early. I like getting there around 10:30 and going on over to the ship..anyone know if they have an early arrival time?

I just used EZ a couple months ago and we dropped luggage at terminal and arrived at EZ around 1030 - 11a. They let us park and we actually just walked back to terminal. It's only 2 blocks away and it was faster to walk then to wait until the shuttle was full. Also the shuttle drops you to the end of the terminal and you have to walk to the front of the terminal to get in line to check in and board. So the walk would be the same to just walk from the lot.

• 2 weeks later...

We have used Lighthouse Parking 5 times! The have great service and if you make an advance reservation on the web, you can save a few bucks.

The zip you right to the cruise terminal and we have never waited for them more than 5 minutes when we disembarked.

Do make an advance reservation to ensure you have a spot!

• 4 weeks later...
We always use Lighthouse. Their one lot is close. One of EZ's is not. ;)

We got directed to that out of the way lot one time, and boarding was delayed on the Conquest (no fault of EZ Cruise) so they would not pick us up until this problem cleared, as they had nowhere to take us. We had to sit out in the hot sun over an hour with no water. There was no where nearby to walk to. Have used Lighthouse ever since. At least there, if that problem happens, there are places nearby you can go to. EZ Cruise should give people shifted to that lot a discount.

We walked from EZ cruise. It literally took about 5 minutes each way. I would say, however, that we watched for a shuttle for several minutes and didn't see one. I'm not sure if we just didn't know where to look or if the service is inconsistent. If you book online, either company is $5 cheaper, but you must do so at least 24 hours in advance. We waited because we were concerned about the weather and were out of luck in regards to the discount. Overall, we felt our car was safe and the distance was close. We'd use them again.

We recently cruised out of Galveston using Lighthouse Parking. It was great. I had read on these boards to drop off family then go to the lot and walk back. This was a big mistake- mine not Lighthouse. It was crowded at the terminal even at 10:30 difficult to unload bags for 9 people.

After dropping our luggage and 6 people, we drove to the lot and found it too far to walk in the heat so we rode their air conditioned bus back to the terminal. They have large busses to carry you and your bags. On our return we got a porter to bring our bags to the bus pickup, the bus was there we got on, and in minutes we were at our cars. Very easy. Next time I will let them shuttle me and my bags to the port, get a porter and relaxxx.

Elsie:cool:

Archived