Silly question about 10pm sitting for 19 month old...

gagirl2006

Hi,

My 19 month old's normal bedtime is 8pm. Has anyone used the 10pm paid baby sitting with a baby who will be asleep or who will be wanting to sleep?

Also,,,we're going on the Fascination. Is their play room upstairs? I would say we could just roll him in already asleep but I know that most are upstairs so that might not work.

I hope my first question makes sense. I'm just wondering if they have places for the kids to sleep I guess.

Thanks!

On the Fascination, the babysitting is in Camp Carnival which is on deck 11. There are signs and maps you can follow as well.

You can probably roll him in asleep but he may wake up. Some of the nights during the 10pm babysitting, they have parties and other activities that could keep him awake or wake him up.

They will have an area with blankets set up when some kids get tired though.

I used to bring my 13 month old asleep in her stroller with a beach towel hanging over the sunshade to keep it dark inside. She'd usually stay asleep, though once or twice I got there and she has woken up and was having a great time at the party with the other kids.

Best,

Mia

Thanks for your replies.

The last two cruises that we took with him we tried to stay on his schedule the best we could. I'd like to do a little out and about this time. We still can't stay up too late though because he'll be up between 6:30-7:30 probably,,,,unless he is really worn out. I'm sure it will help that the room will be so dark. We'll just have to see!!

My sister is going too and we'll all be in one room,,,yikes!

We were on the same trip. For all the late night parties, our kids were awake. Our son did fall asleep there the first night though.

Then y'all just went back to the room and everyone went to sleep? I guess when my son is tired enough he'll sleep. I'm worried about how he'll be if his schedule is messed up!

Camp Carnival will give them blankets and pillows to sleep on. If you request, they will get a crib for the little one. Or you can even roll your crib with sleeping baby in there. When we used late night sitting when my son was that age we found it most convenient for him to sleep in his stroller.

Camp Carnival will give them blankets and pillows to sleep on. If you request, they will get a crib for the little one. Or you can even roll your crib with sleeping baby in there. When we used late night sitting when my son was that age we found it most convenient for him to sleep in his stroller.

Thanks for the tips! Hopefully we can try the stroller trick!

Mia,

When your 13 month old was awake and partying, did she go back to sleep when she got to the cabin? How do you handle her schedule when you're on the cruise?

Thanks!

There is something about the movement of the ship and all the activity, we all sleep better on a ship. My twins (one's a partier who would always be awake at kids camp and the other is the one who would sleep in the stroller usually) would fall asleep with no problem once we got back to the cabin. Sometimes they would wear jammies to the kids club if we knew they were going to be there late and sometimes we'd get changed back at the room, but once everything was dark, we'd all be down for the count. Other than that, we would pretty much stay on schedule - they'd wake at the same time as usual, but just take longer naps during the day. Because they would sleep longer before dinner, it was easier for them to stay up later, which they loved (hanging out with the older kids - you know, the 4 & 5 year olds :rolleyes:).

Best,

Mia

Mia,

Ha,,,that is funny. It sounds like something we'll definitely try then. We didn't last time because we were out of Mobile and the time change was already messing us up a little. Taking him in his pajamas is a good idea though,,,thanks!

You might know this already, but Camp Carnival also has babysitting from 12pm-2pm OR 1pm-3pm on sea days and from arrival in port until 12 noon on port days. It is $6 per hour as well, but we found it to be an excellent service. It was nice to be able to bring our son with us and still do some adult only excursions and have some adult only meals.

Our kids did fine on the ship. We got home late Thursday (like actually midnight Friday) and it took all weekend to get back on a normal schedule.

But, we were soooo busy on the ship and in port that they were pretty knocked out by the time we got to the cabins. We let them watch the kids movie until they fell asleep. At home, they don't have TV's in their rooms so that was enough to settle them down. I mean the day we were in Nassau, they went to bed at like 10:30-11pm and we were all up by 7:30 and then they didn't go to bed that night until 11ish again. We would pick them up from camp and stop off for an ice cream on the Lido before going to the room.

One night I fell asleep before they even got to their rooms, my partner picked them up and put them to bed.

When our DS was a baby, we rolled him in asleep in his stroller and they always found a quiet spot for him to stay asleep. I told em it would be in their best interest to try to keep him asleep because if he woke up, he'd raise all sorts of cane till they rocked him back to sleep. Never a problem - slept like a rock.

That is great. Thanks everyone for replying!

We thought about doing the sea day babysitting last time but his nap always interfered with it. Another problem we had was that you couldn't go in and out of the room with him in the stroller. It had to be folded up to get through so that was annoying. He did sleep during karaoke last time until we got out and walked around and the loud music on the lido deck woke him up. We did like someone else mentioned and used the beach towel to put around the stroller.

We'll definitely try the babysitting this time. I'm ready to go now!

Archived