'Elation' pax dies

jleq

Although a little sobering to think about, there shouldn't be any reason for people to be surprised by this.

Back of the envelope calculation: if we assume people live on average 80 years, then for every 80 people you'd have one death a year. For every thousand people (assuming even distribution of demographics), that's around 12 deaths per year.

So without any adjustments for age distributions taking cruises, other risk factors, etc, that's around 25 deaths per year on a 2000 passenger ship. One every two weeks.

So with that logic, a HAL Alaska 7 day cruise with 2000 ppl on board should have approximately 68 deaths before dinner each night?

I guess that will open alot of late-seating 2 tops.

So with that logic, a HAL Alaska 7 day cruise with 2000 ppl on board should have approximately 68 deaths before dinner each night?

And you don't even want to think about the ROUND-THE-WORLD cruises which have the oldest demographic of all!

Its a wonder anyone survives!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

And you don't even want to think about the ROUND-THE-WORLD cruises which have the oldest demographic of all!

Its a wonder anyone survives!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

LOL..yeah, they are literally ghost ships upon arrival at the debark port.

Can't exactly see how you got from my post to your #'s... :confused::confused::confused:

[quote name='louann123'][SIZE=4][B]So with that logic, a HAL Alaska 7 day cruise with 2000 ppl on board should have approximately 68 deaths before dinner each night?[/B][/SIZE]
[B][SIZE=4][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=4]I guess that will open alot of late-seating 2 tops.[/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE]

I think that might be low:confused:

Archived