Absolute Honesty!!!

kidnk9

I apologize for taking so long to write this thread. I sailed the April 4th, 7 night, Adventure of the Seas Southern Caribbean route. It was my 3rd sailing on this ship and 3rd time on this itinerary. We love the ship and have enjoyed the ports of call. There were a few things that we did not like this time that we never encountered on our previous sailings such as NUMEROUS out of control children (teens of all nationalities).

The one thing that made this trip stand out above all the others was the honesty of one staff member in particular. I have read many times on this site, people accusing their cabin attendant or other staff members of taking personal belongings from the guests.

It was my experience, after receiving a spa treatment, that I absentmindedly left my wedding ring in the treatment room. My ring is appraised at well over $10,000. It was not until 2 hours later that I realized what I had done. I had no one to blame but myself. I immediately called the spa to find out they had my ring and were waiting for me to pick it up. Mariaan was my spa attendant. She found my ring and saw to it that it was returned to me. Had Mariaan not been thorough and very observant, the ring could have ended up in towels and lost for ever in the laundry facility. Mariaan also could have said that the ring must have gotten "lost" in the laundry. Needless to say, she took pride in seeing that the ring was returned. I cannot say enough good things about the staff and their honesty! This situation will never be forgotten by me and has only reassured me that I make the right choice when sailing with Royal Caribbean! Kudos to Royal Caribbean and the spa staff on Adventure of the Seas, but most of all Mariaan! You are awesome and kept me from ruining my vacation due to my own negligence! :)

Archived