Cabin facilities and wine cards

sasha6259

Hi,

Just wanting to know what you can expect to be provided in your cabin. We have booked a balcony. I was wondering if they provided robes etc. Do they provide soap, shampoo etc. What extras should I bring?

I also heard ther was a beer tour. My hubby is interested and wanted to know when this takes place. I like wine myself.

Also can you buy a wine card or similar and where do you get it from? Any other tips would be useful. Thanks.:o

Hi,

Just wanting to know what you can expect to be provided in your cabin. We have booked a balcony. I was wondering if they provided robes etc. Do they provide soap, shampoo etc. What extras should I bring?

I also heard ther was a beer tour. My hubby is interested and wanted to know when this takes place. I like wine myself.

Also can you buy a wine card or similar and where do you get it from? Any other tips would be useful. Thanks.:o

I assume you are talking about the Pride of America. We were on board mid-March.

Our balcony cabin came with two robes that showed up Sunday when we returned to the ship. The shower has dispensers with shampoo and liquid soap, but no conditioner or bar soap. (My husband prefers bar soap so I brought one from our Honolulu hotel.) There was lotion and liquid soap at the sink. There is a nice full size hair dryer at the desk in the room. Bring a small power strip to charge phones, etc. (There is only one plug out by the desk, no plug in the bathroom)

I don't recall any type of beer tour. There is however a "Pub Crawl" where the group goes to 5 different bars and has a different type of cocktail in each. They do this the first night and one other time, if I recall. There was no type of wine card, but there was some type of 2 for 1 happy hour time every day at the Napa wine bar. You can buy a bottle of wine at the restaurants and take it to your room or they will save any remaining for another night. There may be some type of wine package that I was not aware of. They have these "packages" for sale as you board the ship or you can get them later.

There is a coffee making area in the room with packets replaced every day. There is snacks, soft drinks, and alcohol for sale in the room and fridge. (We asked for them to be removed to make more room for our own things and they were.)

The closet was a good size with lots of hangers and shelves as well. There is a light in the back of the closet that makes it easy to find things. There is a couple drawers by the closet and under the fridge as well. We had plenty of room when we unpacked and put the luggage under the bed.

I took too many clothes and shoes. The dining is casual in almost all restaurants so a bunch of dressy shoes are not necessary. Take a sweater for the restaurants and theaters as these areas are kept quite cool. I took one of those battery operated tea lights to use as a night light when I needed to get up. There is a light on each side at the head of the bed, but they're pretty bright in the middle of the night to find your way to the rest room. You won't need that if you're one of those lucky people who never have to get up at night. We took a small backpack cooler and ziplock bags for ice to take water, pop and snacks with us in our rental car every day.

Enjoy your trip,

Mary

Archived