Progreso with a 4 year old?

ladybug_ag

I'm a first time cruiser and will be traveling alone with my 4 year old daughter in May. I've looked at all the excursions Carnival has to offer and really don't know what would be best for a 4 year old.

We will be traveling without passports (long story), so I only want to do things that can be booked thru Carnival's excursions and things that are safe and well-traveled by Americans.

Any suggestions?

Just to put your mind at rest; The Yucatan state, Merida and Progreso are very safe. Warm and friendly people. The beach is good and close to where the courtesy bus will drop you. The water is not the crystal clear of the Caribbean but that doesn't mean it's dirty. Shallow so you can walk pretty far out. Beach vendors are very accepting of a polite "gracias no" if you're not interested in their merchandise. Good restaurants accros the Malecon (beachside street) and they will serve you on the beach if you like. Food is good and the fish and seafood are at their freshest. My favorite is le Saint Bonnet.

Archived