Carnival Fascination -8-30-2010

QueenRenie

Hello, my husband and I along with his sister and her husband will be cruising on the Carnival Fascination on 8-30-2010. Leaving Jacksonville and will stop at 2 ports - Key West and Nassau. This is only my 2nd cruise. My first experience was on the Carnival Fantasy in September 2006. I had a good time but it was a "rocky" experience as the water was very rough the whole time. I still managed to enjoy myself. We welcome reading any posts about Key West and activities and Nassau and activities - what was your experience? Also, anything you can tell us about the ship that would save us time/money or enhance our experience, etc. Also, anyone else out there booked on this cruise? So far we have booked an excursion in Key West to rent a speed boat which holds 2 people. That sounded like a lot of fun. Has anyone ever done this? They say it is a New excursion.

Not sure if you have checked the roll call boards, but you might have some success finding fellow travelers there.

We will be on her this weekend and will report back (although we are going to HMC and Nassau.) There have been quite a few recent reviews (which is nice since there weren't many previously) that might help you, although I've read them and don't recall anything really specific to help prep.

The Bahamas port of call board has quite a bit of info on Nassau. Not sure about Key West.

In KW, we greatly enjoyed the Mel Fisher Maritime Museum (Atocha treasures in beautiful displays). In Nassau we did the Sea Explorer tour, and on previous trips we just like to take a cab to Ardastra Gardens & Zoo and spend the day there -- it's gorgeous! But whatever you do, DON"T MISS THIS!!!

choc.jpg

I like the PIRATE'S MUSEUM in Nassau. Best of all, we took a bus to the area of Nassau called FISH FRY and ate excellent sea food with the locals at the place called SEAFOOD HAVEN. Conch fritters to die for-- best shrimp ever...

Archived