canopy adventure?

new2cruising86

We did this in January and loved it. You ride the chairlift to the top of the mountain and they will have you do the bobsled first. If you want to do additional rides on the bobsled I would do them early the line got long.

You then walk over to the zip line and they go through the instructions. You then have a short walk to start the actual course. When you are done with the course you are half way down the mountain and you get back on the chair lift. If you want to go back to the top you ride down and just tell them you want to go back and you don't have to get off.

At the top of the mountain there is a bar and a pool. The view if overlooking the port. Bring your camera.

It was great, I know there are better but we had a great time.

that sounds wonderful but I didnt read in the description where it said we would be able to do the bobsled or chairlift. I did see an excursion with those but the title was just "canopy adventure" and in the description it said we would walk to the site and enjoy the flora and fauna and climb up the ladders in the trees and glide through on the zip lines only. was this the same excursion and just didnt include the chairlift and bobsled in the description? thank you for responding :)

• 2 weeks later...

So you don't have to hike to the top of the mountain? We did the canopy tour in Puerta Vallarta and my mom had a hard time with the climb up.:eek:

But loved the down!!

This might work if you take the chairlift to the top!!

hayley

Did this in Sept. 08 and had a great time. The bus ride from the port takes a while, and the ride up the mountain is unlike anything you have experienced on a road in the US. Think narrow switchbacks and no guardrails. Very exciting.

Once you reach the top and get your gear on, it is an easy 10 minute hike to the start on the ziplines. I'm not a fan of heights but I felt very comfortable doing this. The staff really knows what they are doing.

After the canopy tour is over, there is another hike, probably 15-20 minutes and on flat ground following beside a river, to get back out of the jungle. Very scenic and beautiful plants here. Back on the bus and then a quick stop by a tourist trap where you are given the opportunity to purchase pictures that are taken while you were on the zipline, or get a cold beverage or souvenir.

All in all it was definitely worth it.

• 2 months later...

We just got back from cruising the Carnival Conquest. My daughter and son-in-law just went on this excursion. They had a blast. Would recommend this adventure. FYI - Long bus ride from Montego Bay ...1-1/2 hours one way.

So which one would be better? Tranopy at Mystic mountain or Canopy or combo canopy/river tubing?

Talli

Mystic mountain is the Carnival "Tranopy" adventure- the chairlift/bobsled/zipline adventure...which also includes water time if you want. This is closer to Ocho Rios than Montego Bay. There is a zipline/tubing adventure near MoBay...It is near the Lethe Village/banana plantation and isnt nearly as good. You can combine the Tranopy with Dunns River Falls as a independent tour.

http://www.rainforestrams.com/jamicaintro.html

We did the river tubing on a previous cruise and it was just ok. If it has just rained the rivers are swift and muddy. Luckily, our ride was slow and beautiful.

We did the canopy tour in 2008 and loved it. As some of the others have said, the ride there is very interesting. It was very long, narrow, and curvy. We were flying past people walking on the road...I just knew we were going to run one of them over. I don't remember the walk to or from the zipline, so it must not have been very bad.

I would love to do the tranopy adventure in Jamaica but its not listed on the list of shore excursions on Princess website....not sure if i can book as a individual excursion...

If you are docking in Ocho Rios you could take a taxi there. The link allows you to book it individually for $125/person.

Here is the description of the location:

"Superbly situated in the resort town of Ocho Rios in Jamaica’s “Garden Parish” of St. Ann. The Ocho Rios Cruise Ship Pier is a short 5-minute drive to the east while Dunn’s River Falls is just a 5-minute drive to the west. Access from Montego Bay is facilitated by the new North Coast Highway with a scenic driving time of 80 minutes from the Donald Sangster International Airport and a 110-minute drive from the Montego Bay Cruise Ship Pier"

https://www.rainforestrams.com/shop/ticket2.php

• 6 months later...

Archived