Celebrity Solstice v. Norwegian Jewel

marc b

Trying to decide between Sky Suite on Solstice versus Romance Suite on the Jewel. Perks look pretty similar, but looks as if NCL treats suite guests better, but Celebrity seems a bit more upscale. We have cruised both lines (non-suite), but have not been on either line in years. Thoughts or advice appreciated !!

I have been on both Solstice and NCL Jewel. Would choose Solstice. The Jewel was ok but not upscale. Food and decor much better on Solstice. The is limited smoking on Solstice. NCL was pushing liquor. It was annoying. The decks on Jewel were packed with wall to wall lounge chairs. We had a nice aft cabin with a view of the wake. It was a sanctuary from the hoards if people. On the Jewel I liked the lavendar hand soap, the pillows and all the Asian food. However if given the choice I would sail on Solstice.

I have been on both Solstice and NCL Jewel. Would choose Solstice. The Jewel was ok but not upscale. Food and decor much better on Solstice. The is limited smoking on Solstice. NCL was pushing liquor. It was annoying. The decks on Jewel were packed with wall to wall lounge chairs. We had a nice aft cabin with a view of the wake. It was a sanctuary from the hoards if people. On the Jewel I liked the lavendar hand soap, the pillows and all the Asian food. However if given the choice I would sail on Solstice.

Good friends of ours had a suite on NCL and loved it, but hated every minute out of the suite. They were just on the Solstice with us in March and enjoyed it more then NCL with having a suite.

It's been years since we were on either NCL or Celebrity (we've been sticking with Princess and RCCL lately), but the Suite perks on NCL intrigued us. I remember Celebrity being a more upscale experience. We don't have kids, so the whole "Nick at Sea" concept on NCL is scaring us - guess we would have to come out of the room and deal with the rest of the world at some point, and sounds like the Solstice would be a bit calmer in this regard. Not naive enough to think there won't be opportunity for "hoards" on any ship, but seems like odds would be better on Celebrity.....

Archived