What are your "don't forget" lists?

I've seen some people say they're making lists and tips to print out and take onboard so that they don't miss out on anything. Like things that may not be in the schedule thing. I keep meaning to do this but I always forget, but the chocolate thread reminded me I need to make one of these. So does anyone already have a list compiled? As of right now the only one I have is "chocolate breakfast- day 6 in MDR" and I know there's many more things like this that I don't want to forget about. :)

I've seen some people say they're making lists and tips to print out and take onboard so that they don't miss out on anything. Like things that may not be in the schedule thing. I keep meaning to do this but I always forget, but the chocolate thread reminded me I need to make one of these. So does anyone already have a list compiled? As of right now the only one I have is "chocolate breakfast- day 6 in MDR" and I know there's many more things like this that I don't want to forget about. :)

Since many activities change from cruise to cruise, I always read the daily Compass. Bring a yellow highlighter to mark off those things you would like to do. ;)

I can recommend the Star Gazing. It was very interesting and the only way to get out on the helecopter pad. I hope you have clear skys, ours was a bit cloudy but still enjoyable. We had about 60 folks on our tour.

-----------------------

Sea ya!

Hobiecat01

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

Proud RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

Previous Cruises – 66 Days at Sea!

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2002

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/2008

RCCL Oasis of the Seas –7 Days Eastern Carib. with our Friends – 4/17 – 4/24/2010

Booked & Paid Cruises

Not yet… but on the way

Planned Cruises

RCCL Allure of the Seas – Our Neighborhood Cruise - 2011

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day – 2012?

The Med – 14 day – 2013?

If you're an adult and want to do the Flo Rider, get there early before the crowds and kids.

Do have lunch in the MDR. Very nice and relaxing.

Do bring a small extension cord with the three outlet end. You'll need it.

Sushi, Seafood Shack and Park Cafe are all good.

Do go to the drink making class and participate, it's a lot of fun.

Do get a table by the railing in Schooner bar to people watch.

Don't forget to return your towels Friday afternoon.

Do get a lunch to go from your favorite venue and take it up to the Viking Crown lounge, at a window seat. (On a sea day) Beautiful view.

DO have the "works" in Johny Rockets for breakfast. yummy!!!!

Do have a lot of fun, I sure did.

I'm working on my top 25 memorable things about the Oasis, but for now:

1- Solarium bistro is open on the first day. Way less crowded than the Windjammer, and better food too!

2- The best seats in the Aquatheater (IMO) for Oasis of Dreams are midway up. I don't want to let the cat out of the bag as to why, but I think this gives the best vantage for the full experience.

3- Some of the inaugural season memorabilia sells out on the cruise so if something really catches your eye, get it early.

4- Deck 6 does not go all the way across. You still have to take the Promenade.

5- Sign up for ziplining on the first day from 2-4pm at the Sports Deck next to the Starboard Flowriders. You do not need a Flowrider/Skating/Climbing wristband and can get that (in a separate line) later in the cruise. And during the actual experience, look around and enjoy yourself during those few seconds you're at the mercy of gravity. You don't have to stay crouched in a sitting position. As you approach the landing, lift up your feet and plunk them down only in the area painted in yellow and try to stand up right away to stop your momentum.

I'm working on my top 25 memorable things about the Oasis, but for now:

1- Solarium bistro is open on the first day. Way less crowded than the Windjammer, and better food too!

2- The best seats in the Aquatheater (IMO) for Oasis of Dreams are midway up. I don't want to let the cat out of the bag as to why, but I think this gives the best vantage for the full experience.

3- Some of the inaugural season memorabilia sells out on the cruise so if something really catches your eye, get it early.

4- Deck 6 does not go all the way across. You still have to take the Promenade.

5- Sign up for ziplining on the first day from 2-4pm at the Sports Deck next to the Starboard Flowriders. You do not need a Flowrider/Skating/Climbing wristband and can get that (in a separate line) later in the cruise. And during the actual experience, look around and enjoy yourself during those few seconds you're at the mercy of gravity. You don't have to stay crouched in a sitting position. As you approach the landing, lift up your feet and plunk them down only in the area painted in yellow and try to stand up right away to stop your momentum.

These are some great tips. If you do finish your 25 most memorable things, please post them. I would be very interested in reading!

watch out for seats on the aqua deck some are full of soot. DH and I had black soot all over the seat of our pants after watching the aqua show.. It did was out compliments of rci laundry.

Definitely see the aqua show and the come fly with me.

Bring an extension cord or plug of some kind as there are only 3 plugs. 1 behind bed and 1 under desk/vanity. Supposedly 1 in the bathroom but we couldn't find it did Find something that wasn't a normal outlet.

If you plan on buying the cd of pictures it is on sale the first day for 299.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but there's so much good content here that it would be shame not to consolidate what we have so far. Keep 'em coming!

Dining and Beverages

- Solarium bistro is open on the first day. Way less crowded than the Windjammer, and better food too!

- Drink specials...some bars will have discounts on certain times, like Ladies night 4-6, things like that.

- Do have lunch in the MDR. Very nice and relaxing.

- Sushi, Seafood Shack and Park Cafe are all good.

- Do get a lunch to go from your favorite venue and take it up to the Viking Crown lounge, at a window seat. (On a sea day) Beautiful view.

- DO have the "works" in Johny Rockets for breakfast. yummy!!!!

Ship

- Deck 6 does not go all the way across. You still have to take the Promenade.

- Do get a table by the railing in Schooner bar to people watch.

- Don't forget to return your towels Friday afternoon.

Entertainment

- The best seats in the Aquatheater (IMO) for Oasis of Dreams are midway up. I don't want to let the cat out of the bag as to why, but I think this gives the best vantage for the full experience.

- watch out for seats on the aqua deck some are full of soot. DH and I had black soot all over the seat of our pants after watching the aqua show.. It did was out compliments of rci laundry.

- Definitely see the aqua show and the come fly with me.

Activities

- Sign up for ziplining on the first day from 2-4pm at the Sports Deck next to the Starboard Flowriders. You do not need a Flowrider/Skating/Climbing wristband and can get that (in a separate line) later in the cruise. And during the actual experience, look around and enjoy yourself during those few seconds you're at the mercy of gravity. You don't have to stay crouched in a sitting position. As you approach the landing, lift up your feet and plunk them down only in the area painted in yellow and try to stand up right away to stop your momentum.

- If you're an adult and want to do the Flo Rider, get there early before the crowds and kids.

- Do go to the drink making class and participate, it's a lot of fun.

- I can recommend the Star Gazing. It was very interesting and the only way to get out on the helecopter pad. I hope you have clear skys, ours was a bit cloudy but still enjoyable. We had about 60 folks on our tour.

Shopping

- Some of the inaugural season memorabilia sells out on the cruise so if something really catches your eye, get it early.

- Photos are 20% off on one day during cruise...I think Wednesdays. Look out for that.

- If you plan on buying the cd of pictures it is on sale the first day for 299.

Stateroom

- Bring an extension cord or plug of some kind as there are only 3 plugs. 1 behind bed and 1 under desk/vanity. Supposedly 1 in the bathroom but we couldn't find it did Find something that wasn't a normal outlet.

- Do bring a small extension cord with the three outlet end. You'll need it.

Chocolate breakfast? never heard of it, what is it?

Drink making class, what is that about? Can anyone shed any light on these two things? Thanks.

Chocolate Breakfast - choc waffles. choc pancakes, choc croissants, choc donuts, choc milkshakes, hot chocolate, an assorments of chocolates---------choc everything

Wow, how did I miss word on the chocolate breakfast?!? I will be there with or without my husband! Sounds delish:)

Make sure to go to the photo kiosk on day 1 to view the photo book so you know the locations you need to hit. Make sure you do the disembarkation photo in every port as well as the ship locations. See my earlier post about the photo book, best deal on the ship.

Get to all of the shows at least 1/2 before they start for best seats. We liked the first row in the low balcony in the theatre, can put a drink down, unobstructed view.

If you do bingo, get the machines.

If you have tweens or like trivia, get the live the oasis book and fill it in. Do the contest at the end of the cruise. Other trivia shows are very fun

Do the meet and mingle, love that dry erase board.

Get a foo foo drink with an umbrella in the cantilevered hot tub. Get a photo in there too, thats our Christmas card this year. Try that tub at night too, its empty

Breakfast and lunch in the solarium, awesome, especially if you are a breakfast granola person

love and marriage show, just dont be a contestant

heated lounge chairs in the spa after a treatment, to die for

lobster in MDR

oreo shakes in the MDR for kids, or adults who like oreos

book excursions and shows early to get what you want. Blue lagoon sea lions ROCK! Sea Turtles on St. Thomas, awesome

If you do Orient Beach, take the RC trip. Lunch is included and fabulous!

I'm sure there's more, can you tell we had a great time???????

Chocolate Breakfast - choc waffles. choc pancakes, choc croissants, choc donuts, choc milkshakes, hot chocolate, an assorments of chocolates---------choc everything

This one's going on the top of my list!!! What a great list I'll be printing it out to take with me in 1 month!

If you have tweens or like trivia, get the live the oasis book and fill it in. Do the contest at the end of the cruise. Other trivia shows are very fun

What is the "live the oasis book" and what is the contest? We love trivia!!

Breakfast and lunch in the solarium, awesome, especially if you are a breakfast granola person

I keep hearing about solarium breakfast. What else do they have there?

Get a foo foo drink with an umbrella in the cantilevered hot tub. Get a photo in there too, thats our Christmas card this year. Try that tub at night too, its empty

Do these close at all? Do they drain them overnight? On our last 2 cruises we never got to go in pools or hot tubs late at night bc we always had late dinner and shows. We do this year too, and have shows til around 11... but that hot tub at night sounds great.

Archived