Hotels in Seattle,WA

lilschnauzer

You didnt say cheapest, so I would have to respond without a doubt the Marriott just across the street from the port. We stayed there with some Marriott points and it was AWESOME! I woke up the morning of our cruise, opened the curtains and saw our ship (NCL Pearl), then when it was time to leave for the port, the bellman came up, put our luggage on one of their carts and walked us across the street. It was an amazing way to start a trip. I cannot recommend it enough!

AMEN, we did a pre and post night stay there and it was awesome. Walked to Pikes Place Market

3630740636_34e37a729c.jpg

and had some great oysters and beer.

3596248624_bafe4e0b96.jpg

Had dinner across the street from the Marriott at Anthony's Fish and had the best fish tacos EVER.

3596406065_c9fd4ea3be.jpg

There's a Starbucks in the hotel and one across the street, we also visited the original Starbucks by Pikes Place.

On the way back, we ate dinner at Athenian Inn where some scenes from Sleepless in Seattle took place.

3629927643_23f2792b86.jpg

The hotel has an indoor/outdoor pool,

3597804475_f79de46051.jpg

a great sidewalk diner/bar...excellent views and location location location.

3629923697_8563704715.jpg

It's a little more expensive and we are very frugal travelers but it was so worth it. Plus my DH wanted more Marriott points...

After seeing those pictures I really want to stay at the Marriott. I sure hope the prices come down a little before our cruise. I have been looking at the waterfront rooms because we would like to be able to see the ship come in that morning. Right now with taxes it's $352 for the one night for the end of August. Non view rooms are $239 plus tax at the end of August and others here that are leaving in May and June are getting rooms there for $179 to $199 plus tax, so as we get closer maybe our price will come down too.

My family and I just used Priceline to secure a hotel room for our stay this summer prior to departing on the Pearl. We set our choices at 4 star in downtown and got a great deal at a Hyatt for $100 per night. I know it's tough to relinquish control when using Priceline but the bargain was well worth it! :)

which homewood suites ? the one on Western. If so, you're within walking distance of the Space Needle/Seattle Center (uphill) but not the pier or the Market. The pier would be 7-8 minutes by taxi and the Market is an easy bus ride. Actually if you walk to the Space Needle I believe you're in the free zone for the downtown busses so you could get to the market that way.

We stayed here 4-5 years ago. It was a nice, clean place at the time and included a decent breakfast. Back then, you could walk outside the hotel, catch a bus for 10 cents (if I remember correctly) which would get you to the free zone bus. It worked great. There was a couple of decent restaurants nearby too.

Here is what I wrote in our review:

SEATTLE PRE-STAY: We booked the Hilton Homewood Suites which turned out to be an excellent choice. It is a lovely hotel, very clean and we enjoyed our suite with kitchen, bedroom and living room. We paid $139.00 for all six of us which included breakfast! The hotel was on a bus line and for a small fee we took it to the “free bus zone” area of Seattle. Otherwise, we could have easily walked to the free zone but my mom has a bad hip. We saw Pike’s Market, toured the Underground, the Space Needle, took the monorail, went to a baseball game, went antiquing and enjoyed an excellent meal at Buckley’s which was a block away from the hotel.

Archived