What can you tell me about Princess kids programs?

Kidsx5

IMO the Princess kids club is far inferior to both Royal Caribbean and Holland America. The princess club was the first one our daughter DID NOT want to go to - normally she wants to go as soon as they open and hates to leave. We had at least 3-4 days on the trip that she refused to go entirely.

The space on the Sea Princess appeared to be an afterthought - it was not designed well to be a kids club. The decorations, toys and activities also seemed as though they'd been acquired last minute and added to the room. Many times the older kids were combined with the younger, which my daughter found upsetting, as the older kids can be quite rowdy. In addition, the "activities" often included the kids sitting and watching shows on the television, such as sponge bob square pants (a show of questionable acceptability to many with preschool/kindergarten age kids). This is drastically different than the much more interesting and interactive activities we've experienced on other Ships.

All-in-all we were very, very disappointed in the overall quality of our cruise with Princess - had it been our first it would also have been our last, as we were left with such a bad impression.

I was on the sea princess 2 years ago. My lad who was 3 at the time spent alot of time in the kids club, he loved it and had a great time there. Only small negitive is we found the staff a little strict.

Keep in mind that the Sea Princess is an oldership that wasn't intended to have a Kids Club. It is something of an afterthought. On the newer, bigger ships, the Kids Clubs are much better laid out, with better facilities.

We had this problem on our recent HAL Maasdam cruise: Club HAL wasn't well laid out, and had been added onto the ship long after it made its debut.

Archived