Last Minute Items at Long Beach/LAX

p74644

Embarking on Splendor tomorrow out of Long Beach. We fly into LAX pretty early and have arranged for transfers. Is there somewhere I can pick up a couple of either 1 or 2 litre plastic bottles of Coke. I am thinking probably at LAX. If so, can I carry on these unopened plastic bottle in my carry on??

TIA

If you are using Super Shuttle from LAX to Long Beach I doubt the driver will stop for you to pop into a store and pick up some Cola. There is a small village-like shopping area right at the port and near the Queen Mary, but most stores were closed and opened at probably noon or 11am at the earliest. I didn't see a place to get refreshments. The Queen Mary has some little shops that you could pick up 500ml bottles on its Promenade deck, but not 2L bottles. You could drop you bags and quickly go check the Queen Mary Hotel and pick up some of the smaller bottles instead.

Enjoy!

Last year when we did Splendor we had reserved a Limo service and we asked the driver to stop at a grocery store to pick up some stuff, especially cold medicine which might have ruined the whole trip if we didn't get any that night as the kids got a little bit of the sniffles!

Archived