Swim with dolphin- can we book privately?

CRUISING71

There are multiple threads on the dolphin excursions so I am hoping this one still has activity.

I am cruising with RCCL, It appears that Aquaventures is used by Carnival so they dont care if RCCL guests book with them while Vallarta Adventures is used by both but their policy is that they state not to book with them directly. Since this is an older thread have people had issues? I can't see them changing your date without giving you the chance for a refund - of course that could be disputed on a credit card. As one person, I would take the risk - and I would not be devastated if my reservation got canceled.

Pricing on the websites with discounts, the Royal Swim seems to be about $8 more than the Signature Swim from VA and VA is about $50 less than the cruise ship.

I am solo. I am hoping to find people to share a cab with either that day or in my roll call thread. Is the Vallarta Adventures bus available to people who do not book on the cruise ship?

• 1 month later...

Has anyone booked through Carnival for the Dolphin Signature Swim? There are 3 of us who want to swim and 1 who wants to sit on the sidelines. Can anyone tell me how they work the non-swimmers? Is there a charge? Can they see the swimmers while they interact with the dolphins? I believe Carnival uses Vallarta Adventures for this...??

Booking directly with Vallarta Adventures - I'm reading that we can not tell them that we are on the cruise ship. Any chance of bumping with booking direct?

Any help would be great. Thank you.

Royal Caribbean uses both. They use VA first and if overbooked they use Aquaventuras - I think. I think Carnival is the opposite.

I do not think VA will bump you. Some people have posted that VA tried to reschedule them but you just have to say this is the only time you can go (the time you booked) and that if they wont let you go that you want a refund. Believe me they will not give you a refund but instead find space for you.

I dont think there are any issues.

The advantages of booking through the ship is that it includes transportation and at Adventuras, lunch. Transportation is simple if you take the bus however the bridge was down so it took forever to get there and I had to go on the next one which was no prob.

I think with VA you can take a water taxi but not sure.

Investigate the bridge being down if you book separately and allow extra travel time.

Dont forget to bring your own towel (from the ship)

I did the Royal Swim Aquaventuras but I think the middle one is probably the better value.

thank you jmsync. that helps.. I think we may end up going thru Carnival in the end.

Any one know how to get my non-swimmer along with us if we book directly thru Carnival? Anyone had the same experience?

Thank you.

Archived