What to Do?

LoveMyMoos

My husband and I will be in Dominica on June 8, we are cruising on the Carnival Victory. We do not want to book a tour through Carnival as they are all so expensive. Does anyone have any suggestions as far as something inexpensive to do while we are there? We are pretty open to anything, from staying inland to snorkeling, but would prefer doing something inland as we will be snorkeling later in the week in St. Lucia. There will just be two of us, so the total price would need to include transportation and any guides. Thank you.

Hi there! Have you checked in on the roll call board? My hubby and I will be on the same cruise. I *think* we are going to do an ATV tour through the jungle with Highriders. Looks like fun, but muddy!! Here is the email and their contact info.

Hi Erica,

Thanks for your inquiry about our tours.

We have a one hour ATV Jungle Safari which is US$80 per person.

(All prices include 15%VAT tax).

Your tour includes round trip transportation from Roseau (30 min scenic drive

each way), safety equipment, full instruction and practice session,

fully guided one hour jungle trail ride and refreshment after.

You would be away from the ship for about 3 hours on this tour.

This is an all weather tour and we have boots/rainwear available for rent if necessary.

Also please note the Maximum weight is 275lbs per ATV.

Let me know if you would like any more information or to make a reservation.

Cheers,

Melanie

highriders@cwdom.dm

DW and I hired a taxi at the port. We just went down the line of taxis and asked about tours. We told them we wanted to go to a black sand beach, Mr Nices, a drive thru town and to see the crushed school bus, plus stop for photo's along the way. One other couple went with us and the total for about 6 hours was $90 US.

You can see our photos here. http://s594.photobucket.com/albums/tt25/welldone60/Dominica/

We are also interested in things to do in Dominica. We have read that it is pretty lush and tropical there but very under developed. We don't mind doing something where we can get to mingle with the locals perhaps at a bar, restaurant,river etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We are all set for St.lucia. Barbados we have been to several times so we"ll just hang out in Bridge town. Thanks much.

Archived