Cruise only..Do you get tickets?

Have booked my own flights and its just the cruise I have booked through Thomson...After being told the weekend before last, tickets are being sent out as we speak!!! What I have received today is once again the invoice(a 4 page leaflet) Is this invoice sufficent to show boarding the cruise ship as it looks as though thats all there going to send me. Maybe you dont need tickets for the cruise only?

Have booked my own flights and its just the cruise I have booked through Thomson...After being told the weekend before last, tickets are being sent out as we speak!!! What I have received today is once again the invoice(a 4 page leaflet) Is this invoice sufficent to show boarding the cruise ship as it looks as though thats all there going to send me. Maybe you dont need tickets for the cruise only?

Hi Tirchonaill

We booked late on for the Island Explorer and got the flight tickets printed out at the airport, just the tickets. We boarded the ship no problem with just our passport so the answer is, as far as I know, no you don't have tickets for the ship.

Jan

If you booked more than 3 or 4 weeks before sailing you would normally get a booklet without flight details/ticket - but without them it does not really matter as long as you have something and most importantly the booking reference number and take the final invoice. As you are flight only you will need to show something official to the port security to let you get near to the embarkation building - the real thing ( ticket booklet ) would be best but you should be ok with some Thomson paperwork.

We have got through without the booklet once when we booked flight only and cruise only with only 17 days to the cruise - there's usually not a problem with the security if you have something official. Once we were asked for our boarding cards - obviously theywere waiting for us at the embarkation office !!

Hi Tirchonaill

We booked late on for the Island Explorer and got the flight tickets printed out at the airport, just the tickets. We boarded the ship no problem with just our passport so the answer is, as far as I know, no you don't have tickets for the ship.

Jan

Cheers Jan, will take it that we dont need tickets to get on the cruise ship and will run it by the Thomson desk at Belfast airport Saturday morning to see what they say.

If you booked more than 3 or 4 weeks before sailing you would normally get a booklet without flight details/ticket - but without them it does not really matter as long as you have something and most importantly the booking reference number and take the final invoice. As you are flight only you will need to show something official to the port security to let you get near to the embarkation building - the real thing ( ticket booklet ) would be best but you should be ok with some Thomson paperwork.

We have got through without the booklet once when we booked flight only and cruise only with only 17 days to the cruise - there's usually not a problem with the security if you have something official. Once we were asked for our boarding cards - obviously theywere waiting for us at the embarkation office !!

Booked in October, all we have is invoices with all the booking details.. Its got 4 pages, its hardly the booklet you refer to, is it? Has Thomson heading, so it will have to do. Thanks

As long as you take the invoice with the booking ref. on I can't see a problem. You've got your passports as proof of identity and you'll be on the manifest as well.

Enjoy your holiday. Hope the volcano quietens down. :):)

Jan

Hi

we turned up at the ship in a taxi with just the invoice and didn't even need that - they wanted the names and handed us an envelope. We had to put a sticker from the envelope on each case and then hand them to security

We then went with the envelope to the check in desk where they did the credit card etc and we were on - beating the coach load that just arrived.

They keep the cruise only envelopes in a different place to all the others that they have listed by flight times - so don't be concerned if they don't find it straight away

thanks

Jan

Hi

we turned up at the ship in a taxi with just the invoice and didn't even need that - they wanted the names and handed us an envelope.

thanks

Jan

The Thomson people do not need to see so much but occasionally port security will stop a taxi or people on foot and ask before le5tting them get near the embarkation building.

You are right the cards and stickers for cruise only people are not with the people on a package - but they are usually on the same table but separated !

Gareth

Archived