Snorkeling on Blue Lagoon

srmsmg5

Can anyone tell me if the snorkeling on Blue Lagoon Island is good? We are rank amateurs, and only do this on our rare vacations, so we are not looking for top notch, just good.

Don't expect the Great Barrier Reef, but I thought it was realy nice. Especially the "lagoon" is perfect for beginers. It is netted off, so no fear of big sharks, and there is a very slow moving current going through it. I spotted crabs, barracuda, snappers, and a very pretty jellyfish. Furthermore, you are right there on the beach and there is a lifeguard. No waves also make for a realy easy time, and on the opposite side you will find many rock structures with hiding creatures. I took my 4 year old with me, and he thought it was awesome!

I took my 4 year old with me, and he thought it was awesome!

Oh, now that is very interesting to me! My little girl will have just turned four right before our cruise, and I would love for her to experience that, but didn't think she'd be capable of snorkling. She is a pretty good swimmer though. How did you teach your child, and how long did it take him to catch on? Thanks!

Oh, now that is very interesting to me! My little girl will have just turned four right before our cruise, and I would love for her to experience that, but didn't think she'd be capable of snorkling. She is a pretty good swimmer though. How did you teach your child, and how long did it take him to catch on? Thanks!

I taught my kids how to breathe in the bathtub and in the pool. Once they got to the open water they were pros at breathing with a snorkel.

A snorkel vest might be a good thing if they don't know how to float.

The tub idea is fantastic!

When we went he did not know how to snorkel, it was his first try. What was easiest for us was to take him on my back. He ended up prefering to not use the snorkel and just the mask. This meant he would look and then breath out of the water. This year we are working on the snorkel at home in the pool so he doesn't have to keep going up for air.

I have the beach excursion booked through Carnival. Does anyone know if the snorkel gear is included in the excursion or do we have to rent it on our own when we get there? Thanks!

I have the beach excursion booked through Carnival. Does anyone know if the snorkel gear is included in the excursion or do we have to rent it on our own when we get there? Thanks!

If it's not specifially mentioned then it's not included.

The Beach Day that Carnival offers is to Junkanoo Beach, a public beach. There is no snorkeliing gear for rent on this beach. Best to just bring your own.

If it's not specifially mentioned then it's not included.

The Beach Day that Carnival offers is to Junkanoo Beach, a public beach. There is no snorkeliing gear for rent on this beach. Best to just bring your own.

I am booked to do the Blue Lagoon beach day excursion. Do they offer snorkeling?

The tub idea is fantastic!

When we went he did not know how to snorkel, it was his first try. What was easiest for us was to take him on my back. He ended up prefering to not use the snorkel and just the mask. This meant he would look and then breath out of the water. This year we are working on the snorkel at home in the pool so he doesn't have to keep going up for air.

Both good ideas I think! We have all summer to work on it. I'm just excited that there is a way for her to enjoy that experience. Thanks for replying!

Archived