Is BeyondTouring.com a scam business?

sculder

Just wanted to throw this out there, but has anyone used BeyondTouring.com for their tours? We're considering them for Lamanai ruins excursion. But when I inquired about them through their site, the owner doesn't deal with deposits, she wants 100% payment upfront (sent through PayPal), in advance. She said they'll mail me a packet of information detailing our tour ahead of time.

I've also seen one user on this forum plugging nothing but this company (14 posts alone just praising these guys).

This company is based out of Florida, with the operations in Belize and other surrounding countries. They are not registered with the Better Business Bureau of Florida either.

Any information to negate this suggestion I'm presenting is appreciated. I'm not accusing them of being a scam, just want to confirm that they are not before we proceed any further with booking.

Thanks!

I think I would error on the side of caution also, as you will be a long ways away from the ship - I used a private company when we were in Belize, but if I were going as far as the ruins, i would only book through the ship.

Like I tell my kids, Have fun, but be safe.

I'd run the other direction and fast!

There are many tour operators outside the gate to take you where you need to go.

However, in Belize, I'd go with a company that has excellent recommendations from many people on these boards.

Shoot, I won't even book the dolphin excursion through an independent agency for Cozumel and Cayman because they don't offer a refund if the ship doesn't dock. They only offer credit for another tour good for one year. I'm not planning another trip to either island within a year of when our ship sails. I'll just wait until I get there and see what, if anything is available. Anything over $50 is not worth risking, IMHO.

Let us know what you decide.

Just wanted to throw this out there, but has anyone used BeyondTouring.com for their tours? We're considering them for Lamanai ruins excursion. But when I inquired about them through their site, the owner doesn't deal with deposits, she wants 100% payment upfront (sent through PayPal), in advance. She said they'll mail me a packet of information detailing our tour ahead of time.

I've also seen one user on this forum plugging nothing but this company (14 posts alone just praising these guys).

This company is based out of Florida, with the operations in Belize and other surrounding countries. They are not registered with the Better Business Bureau of Florida either.

Any information to negate this suggestion I'm presenting is appreciated. I'm not accusing them of being a scam, just want to confirm that they are not before we proceed any further with booking.

Thanks!

Iwouldn't trust anybody who wants 100% deposit. we have taken the Lamanai tour twice with belize cruise excursions and had two totally different experiences, the first tour was just our family of seven and was wonderful very laid back , took our time . the second time was like a cattle drive, way to many people guide was rushed and seemed a little distracted didn't get to see all the ruins(which we knew were there because we saw them on the first trip) the lunch was really good too. If you are going in the summer it is very hot and i would recommend bug spray.My daughter and i had lots of mosquito bites in july

Archived