Am I Making A Mistake?

stretch44

Stretch-

The good news is they seem to be on these boards more than they are on the ships!! LOL!

I cancelled Oasis to bring my family (including kids age 3-13) on Eclipse in November... And we all cant wait. These same kids LOVED every moment on Summit last year in Europe. Never bored...never not enough kids (in May.. and school was in session..)

There are no lines, long waits, crowds... if we want that we go to Disney!

Dont let a curmudgeonly few deter you. X is a great line for families. If it wasnt we would not go back again and again...

I have three kids who have always loved cruising on Celebrity so I am definitely NOT one to discourage people with children from cruising on Celebrity. However, I was replying to the OP concern regading cruising in September. I know for sure that, even though no one can state wih 100% accuracy, the probability of having other children onboard is not very good at all. Given this sitution and with her having already cruised on Disney where her children liked it very much, I would not switch to Celebrity for that particular cruise.

George-

If this doesnt apply to you, then you know it!! But I have been on these boards for years hearing the same "no kids" noise from many of the same folks year after year.. and every time we cruise X, the experience is 100% contrary to what they say on these boards. Had I listened to them, we would have missed out on some of our most wonderful experriences as a family. So I am only providing a fair and balanced opinion of what folks might expect.

No one can guarantee anything.. but not all families find Disney and RCCL's carnival atmosphere to their liking... nor do they need a thousand children on board to have a good time. At the end of the day, every cruise is what you make of it.

George-

If this doesnt apply to you, then you know it!! But I have been on these boards for years hearing the same "no kids" noise from many of the same folks year after year.. and every time we cruise X, the experience is 100% contrary to what they say on these boards. Had I listened to them, we would have missed out on some of our most wonderful experriences as a family. So I am only providing a fair and balanced opinion of what folks might expect.

No one can guarantee anything.. but not all families find Disney and RCCL's carnival atmosphere to their liking... nor do they need a thousand children on board to have a good time. At the end of the day, every cruise is what you make of it.

Since OP wasn't exactly thrilled with RCCL and Disney is no longer an option, I would definiely go with Celebrity even though I still believe that there will most likely be few children onboard in September. However, if Sepember is the only option at this time, a cruise is still a cruise and every cruise can be a great cruise.

There is no way to know in advance. People are giving guestimates as to how many kids. Plus even if there are 10 kids and yours hit it off with one or two, then why does it matter how many?

My kids are 12 and 15 now but they were 10 and 13 on their first cruise and they both loved Celebrity; just as much as Disney.

We have traveled with friends who had kids as young as 7 and they felt the same way. It is a very good line and you will enjoy yourselves.

Opinions are like umm, everyone has one ; well um you get the point.

Try it out and come to your own conclusion.

Have a great time whatever you decide.

Ron

You're going in September when kids are back in school, so there will be very few on board. On the cruise before ours on Solstice (we were on during President's Week, so we had around 300 kids), there were exactly 12 kids, and those were mostly toddlers and infants, just one school age child. Seeing that most kids cannot/do not miss the first week of school, I highly doubt you will find many school age kids on board.

All schools start and different times. It may be the first week of school for some or the last week of summer for other so there may be ALOT of kids or there may be few. Hard to predict.

B.

Stretch-

The good news is they seem to be on these boards more than they are on the ships!! LOL!

I cancelled Oasis to bring my family (including kids age 3-13) on Eclipse in November... And we all cant wait. These same kids LOVED every moment on Summit last year in Europe. Never bored...never not enough kids (in May.. and school was in session..)

There are no lines, long waits, crowds... if we want that we go to Disney!

Dont let a curmudgeonly few deter you. X is a great line for families. If it wasnt we would not go back again and again...

Cancelled Oasis....hmmmmmm. I'm assuming then the kids club on Celebrity are just as good as RCI, just fewer kids? That's a good thing!

There is no way to know in advance. People are giving guestimates as to how many kids. Plus even if there are 10 kids and yours hit it off with one or two, then why does it matter how many?

My kids are 12 and 15 now but they were 10 and 13 on their first cruise and they both loved Celebrity; just as much as Disney.

We have traveled with friends who had kids as young as 7 and they felt the same way. It is a very good line and you will enjoy yourselves.

Opinions are like umm, everyone has one ; well um you get the point.

Try it out and come to your own conclusion.

Have a great time whatever you decide.

Ron

I'm not as concerned about how many kids, although I would hope there would be some their age, but on the quality and number of activities in the club. Disney had great clubs and your kids liked Celebrity just as much. That's the kind of information I'm looking for.

Archived