More Alcohol/Rum Runner/Bon Voyage Questions

Just go thru bon voyage for the booze and bring on the mixer. If you can afford the vacation you can afford a bottle of booze.

The whole idea of buying a RR, filling it up, sneaking it in board, pouring your ill-gotten booze into a "bubba keg" (theres a visual!) and sauntering around the ship with it seems ludicrous. Plus if it is confiscated (it is against their policies), then you got no booze!. Just not worth it to me.

your decision though, but I'll be looking for someone on Lido with a Bubba keg!

Our plan is to purchase from Bon Voyage. I am too much of a planner to smugggle. We just don't want to have to worry about it being found, then moving to a plan B. :) However, as far as bringing on mixers. Can you brink on mixers that have a small content of alcohol, like kahlua or triple sec?

I wonder if the quality of scanners varies from port to port.

By the reports we've seen here, that may be the case.

Best option really is to use Bon Voyage for primary possibly supplement via smuggling. For example Bon Voyage doesn't carry Parrot Bay 90 Coconut rum. While I'm okay paying $40 for a liter Seagrams or Margaritaville tequila, I struggle with the idea of paying $55/liter for Malibu that's available locally for $14/liter when the stuff is only 42proof to begin with.

BTW, no problem carrying four wine splits (each) in carryon last week in JAX. Total was 750ml/person so I was in the spirit of the rules, just different packaging. Lady at the x-ray ran the carryon bag back and forth a couple times before passing it on.

Can you brink on mixers that have a small content of alcohol, like kahlua or triple sec?

Unlikely. Both Kahlua and Triple Sec are liqueurs and if I remember correctly tend to be around 20% alcohol.

I recommend looking at figuring out bar recipes using one or two liquors and then either soft drinks or crystal light type powdered mixes. bajabobs.com has some good margarita mix in packets and there are a lot of different mix flavors in various store-brands. Target carries a good strawberry/orange/banana packet that goes well with rum.

Just go thru bon voyage for the booze and bring on the mixer. If you can afford the vacation you can afford a bottle of booze.

The whole idea of buying a RR, filling it up, sneaking it in board, pouring your ill-gotten booze into a "bubba keg" (theres a visual!) and sauntering around the ship with it seems ludicrous. Plus if it is confiscated (it is against their policies), then you got no booze!. Just not worth it to me.

your decision though, but I'll be looking for someone on Lido with a Bubba keg!

Um...not everyone with a Bubba Keg has illegal booze. I am purchasing one so that I can fill it with my booze from the Bon Voyage Department. People use them to keep their drinks colder, longer.

Um...not everyone with a Bubba Keg has illegal booze. I am purchasing one so that I can fill it with my booze from the Bon Voyage Department. People use them to keep their drinks colder, longer.

Indeed. I wonder how he will tell the difference between those who've filled their BK's with icewater, crystal light, booze bought from Bon Voyage, booze bought by the bottle from room service (never did check on that one), or booze smuggled aboard.

Filled with ice, the 52oz BK holds 24oz liquid. Haven't measured one of the 32oz or 20oz Bubba Keg's though.

I carry a large insulated cup [32oz.], not as big as a 'Bubba Keg,' but not small either. I don't smuggle, nor buy bottles from BV. My cup will have soda or juice and lots and lots of ice. If its a hot day and I'm out in the sun, the soda and ice might be replaced by beers from the bar.

I'm soooo innocent!!!:D

While I'm okay paying $40 for a liter Seagrams or Margaritaville tequila, I struggle with the idea of paying $55/liter for Malibu that's available locally for $14/liter when the stuff is only 42proof to begin with.
I agree. I would gladly order through Bon Voyage if the Malibu was a reasonable price. I don't expect to pay liquor store (or warehouse store) prices, but a more reasonable markup would probably end a lot of the smuggling, resulting in more profits for Carnival and happier passengers.

Hi

I just checked the list of BV items on

the Carnival webiste.

It lists wines, but no liquors.

Can you order liquor through Bon Voyage on Carnival.

On HAL I can just order the bottle and set-up through room service.

I just checked the list of BV items on

the Carnival webiste.

It lists wines, but no liquors.

Can you order liquor through Bon Voyage on Carnival.

On HAL I can just order the bottle and set-up through room service.

You have to pick up the telephone and call Bon Voyage to order liquor. Not available on the website.

It's claimed you can order via room service, but there are few/no reports of people trying.

On Fascination I ordered via BV and the bottles were there upon boarding. Since I never got all the way to the bottoms of the bottles, I had no opportunity/need to try to get more via room service. Too busy having fun otherwise to stop at Purser and ask, oh well.

dd2235

Thanks for the info. I guess it is not on the list of gifts available

on the website, as they don't want too many people ordering it!

And this is a short mini-cruise -5 day.

So a bottle from BV will be more than enough.

Thanks again.

Archived