Boarding the Mariner from Port Canaveral?

This is literally probably the tenth time I've tried to post this. It either doesnt go through, or never appears on the board. Am I doing something wrong, that this is getting removed? Or is it being moved? :confused:

Anyhow - we're flying in the night before and staying at Cocoa Beach.

What time does boarding begin on the Mariner? What's the latest time you can get on board?

We'd like to make the most of our wedding night / morning the day of, so want to take our time getting to port. :D Thanks!

(11th Try)

I believe it starts about Eleven or Noon. Which is checkout time at most resorts or hotels. I was so anxious to get on the ship I have no idea how late you can get on. If your going to be in Cocoa beach you are only a five or ten minute drive from the port. BTW, the ship is very romantic!

You can start showing up at port @ 11:00am and they will start boarding as soon as everyone else is off the ship. You cannot have access to your staterooms until 1:00pm they shut the fire doors.

You must be onboard by 4:00pm for the muster drill. At least this is what we have always been told.

The RCI website states:

s.gif

con_bulletgray_ico.gifIn order to ensure everyone has time to pass through security, all guests must check in at least 60 minutes in advance of scheduled departure. If you have not checked in 60 minutes prior to departure, you will be considered a no-show, and your booking will be cancelled and cancellation penalties applied.

If you've ever flown Southwest, you're familiar with the boarding groups of 1,2 and 3. You check in for your flight early you get a 1, you check in later you get a 2 or 3. The same thing happens here. The earlier you arrive at the terminal the lower your boarding group and the sooner you board.

Boarding normally begins about 11:00 am but if they are disinfecting for whatever reason this can be delayed. We boarded the Mariner around 1:00 pm on the 23rd. I tried to show up at the terminal around 10:00 am but arrived around 11:00 and recieved boarding group 4. The wait for boarding is not bad and once onboard we had to wait until 3:00 for the rooms to open (more disinfecting). But waiting onboard a ship like Mariner is no wait at all. If you arrive at 2:00 pm you may be waiting in a long time in the check-in line and to board. I'd recommend getting there as early as possible such as 10:00 - 11:00 but if your plans do not allow that then 2:00ish is fine. They won't leave without you if you've checked in.

PS Don't worry about the GI virus hype. Wash your hands often, use the hand sanitizer at the restaurants (or your own) and you will be fine!

Boarding began at 1:10 and you couldn't go to your room until 3:00 pm. The crew was busy disinfecting the rooms/ship. I don't know if this is going to be the trend until the "plague" is over but it is something to consider.

Carol

Ship pulled in at 6:00 am, you were off at 10:00 and on the road by 10:30. A 2.75 hr ride home, some time to unpack and you are already back on the Crhrhrhritic boards. I'd say get a life but I'm back on these boards only a few short hous lllllllater wishing I was back on MOTS. We all need to get a life or more $ for cruising.

Ship pulled in at 6:00 am, you were off at 10:00 and on the road by 10:30. A 2.75 hr ride home, some time to unpack and you are already back on the Crhrhrhritic boards. I'd say get a life but I'm back on these boards only a few short hous lllllllater wishing I was back on MOTS. We all need to get a life or more $ for cruising.

Amen brother...literally!!

Archived