Getting from Port Canaveral to Kennedy Space Center

Hey everyone,

I've been searching the message boards for about an hour now trying to find an answer to my question and I've come up with nothing, so I started a new thread. Hopefully someone can help me out.

My boyfriend and I will be sailing on the Carnival Pride next week and when it stops in Port Canaveral we want to visit Kennedy Space Center. The price for the excursion with Carnival is $90, which seems pretty pricey and I was hoping we'd be able to do it a little more cheaply on our own.

However, I was wondering what the best way to get from Port Canaveral to KSC is. I found some threads that said "don't worry, it's really easy, there's shuttles everywhere outside of Port Canaveral" and some that said "it's really difficult to find transportation, you should rent a car." So what's best? The problem with renting a car is that we're under 25 and I know a lot of companies won't rent to us, so that might not be a good possibility. Any better suggestions? It's just the two of us.

Do you have any idea how much the fee might be? I would think a limo service would be somewhat exepensive. I was hoping there might be some sort of shuttle or bus, or else a rental company that rents cars under age 25 (and doesn't charge a huge fee to do so).

• 2 months later...

Mostly just giving you a bump to the front page, because I have the same question. We'll be traveling with our kids and the idea of paying about $250 for the Carnival-sponsored excursion seems silly if we can get to KSC easily on our own. Once you get there, it seems that you're on KSC-run tours, anyway, so you're just paying Carnival for your transportation.

Mostly just giving you a bump to the front page, because I have the same question. We'll be traveling with our kids and the idea of paying about $250 for the Carnival-sponsored excursion seems silly if we can get to KSC easily on our own. Once you get there, it seems that you're on KSC-run tours, anyway, so you're just paying Carnival for your transportation.

I was there in April and we rented a car for the day. I got a midsize car from Dollar rentals for a total of $40 for the day. We went on an airboat ride and then to cocoa beach. That price included tax etc. The shuttles for the car rental places are located outside the terminal and very easy to find. $40 for transportation is much cheaper than Carnival prices. Also, check out the thread about getting buy one get one free for KSC. It is through Tropicana...all you have to do is drink OJ and you can save a bunch of money!

Are there taxis or other transportation readily available at KSC? I have my son and I booked on the NCL excursion, but I was wondering if we wanted to go back to the ship before the bus leaves, if we could easily get a taxi back. Thanks. :)

Yes there is - no problems, but it will be very expensive so be prepared

Archived