More Cabin Questions...

Hello Again Helpful Cruisers!

Well, it doesn't appear that the WOW sale is happening anytime soon, so I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and plunk down my $1000 to hold our inside quad as I'm getting a little nervous the price will go up before I do. Thanks to my Mom who is helping me out a little bit until the end of the month!

That being said, I know there are several threads about which cabins are good, bad, or ugly, but sifting through them all was just confusing me more. I need to book the following cabins:

Inside Quad (K)

Outside

Balcony

We would like the inside quad cabin to be near the outside cabin, but the balcony doesn't need to be near either (although on the same side of the ship would be nice). Is it true that outsides are only on Deck 2? We would like them all midship as several of my family members are terrified of getting seasick (it's their first cruise). We will be booking on Freedom of the Seas for 5/8/11. Would some kind angel (or many angels) help me figure out what rooms would be the best in these 3 catagories? I know there is a chance I can't get the rooms I want, but I want to go to my TA with something in mind. I heard about the balcony 'bump', but I don't know where that is. Is there an outside 'bump' too?

Thanks for all your expertise. I think I will stop being a nervous nellie once the deposit is made...right now I am checking the rates hourly to make sure they haven't gone up and I'm driving myself crazy!

Melissa

I think one of the first things you might want to do, is to go to the Royal Caribbean website. Find the ship area and click on Freedom of the Seas--deck plan. This will show you the wide range of room types.

I can tell you that there are ocean views on several decks, not just deck two.

The bump rooms---normally called the hump rooms, are the ones that stick out farther on the ship in the middle.

I think this would really help and get you headed in the direction you want to go for your cruise.

Hello Again Helpful Cruisers!

I need to book the following cabins:

Inside Quad (K)

Outside

Balcony

Melissa

There is an atypical configuration of cabins on Freedom that would work for your group if they were available, but the drawback is that they are far aft on the ship:

FreedomDeck10aft.jpg

The K class quads (Pink) are right across the hall from the balcony (Purple) and outside (1694 or 1394 - not going to begin to describe that color!)

If you think the family would be okay with being aft, and they were available, it would be a great solution.

If either of those isn't true, there are K class cabins on Deck 2, 3, 7, 9, & 10, and ocean view cabins on 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, & 10 as well.

Look over the deck plans and use your TA as well. I always book cruises directly through RCI, but if I were using a TA I would definitely find one who is familiar with the cruise line and the ships, so that he or she would be a good source of info.

Best of luck and let us know what you end up with!

Sue

Archived