Just back form the Jewel

Joecadd8269

great pic of the beer varieties and loved the review. Our first aboard the Jewel later this year, looking forward to it as we've been on the Dawn and Spirit. Is that Bud Light Lime I see in the pic? Wow, if so, be a lot of people over on the Carnival board will be ticked off:p They keep posting they want to see it on the ships and no one at Carnival seems to be listening. The last two Miracle sailing we did they ran out of Coors Light:mad: Good thing DH tipped the bartenders well, he always had one:D

Anyone been on deck 11 towards AFT? Seems like quiet area, yes?

We were in 11152 AF right on the aft. Awsome. It was directly below the dining area near the rail. Occasionally at 4a we would hear them cleaning the floors, moving the chairs, but nothing that might keep me from booking that room again if I were able to. Once I identified what the noise was I was able to go right back to sleep. It ususally co-insided with my " middle of night walk".

If something like that will bother you, you may want to chose another room, but if you are kinda mellow its no problem.

Are the self serve latte/cappuccino machines still in the buffet area?

These are no longer available on NCL. John O'hara(hotel services) explained that at the Meet&Greet.

We were in 11152 AF right on the aft. Awsome. It was directly below the dining area near the rail. Occasionally at 4a we would hear them cleaning the floors, moving the chairs, but nothing that might keep me from booking that room again if I were able to. Once I identified what the noise was I was able to go right back to sleep. It ususally co-insided with my " middle of night walk".

If something like that will bother you, you may want to chose another room, but if you are kinda mellow its no problem.

thanks - anyone know off hand what a bucket of domestic beers run $24 plus gratuity?

thanks - anyone know off hand what a bucket of domestic beers run $24 plus gratuity?

4/21/10 6 Bud Light @ 4.95 16oz=29.70 +4.95 deposit for the bucket which we returned at the end of the day.

We played Trivia sometimes 2-3 times a day (really like it) and we always found the cruise staff that performed the trivia was very good. The day we left Nassau we played Trivia in the FIZZ lounge and the staff had a problem of the remote control not working from the distance she was positioned so I offered to work the remote for her and as a thank you she sent me very nice bag of gifts to the room. It included 2 NCL T-Shirts, 2 NCL plastic luggage Tags, A Metal collectors pin and few coupons to various things. I thought that was very nice of here to do especially since it was really nothing for me to help other than push a button./quote]

I never heard of the crew tipping the passengers. That is pretty cool.

Enjoyed your review, and enjoyed the Jewel twice.

Al

thank you

Archived