What to wear for Alaska Cruise

jkhcruiser

My advice is to dress in layers. Dress from everything from shorts to Tshirts to rain gear to sweaters, blue jeans, dress pants, bring a hat and gloves. The Panhandle where most cruises go through gets lots of rain so keep that in mind. As far as foot gear plan on hiking boots/Tennis shoes for shore excursions and the like.

Enjoy my beatiful state,

Adri :)

We have gone to Alaska 3 times and always that first week of June and have had great weather every time. Of course, the glacier will be cold and your flannel-lined jeans will feel good but we also had sunny and 70s during that time of year too. Definitely plan on layers.

I used my old Columbia double coat and ended up using all 3 combinations at one time or another.

The last two times we went it was the end of May and it was wet in Juneau and Skagway with a high of about 52. It is a light rain and mist instead of a downpour that you get in Seattle. A lightweight water repellent jacket with a hood and pockets is good for the outer layer and a sweater or sweatshirt under it really helps. If you are going on an excursion, I would bring along some pullover waterproof pants.

Layers - bring t-shirts-short sleeves and long- , one pair of shorts, long pants, sweatshirt/flannel shirt/or light fleece- and a rain jacket or windbreaker, gloves, and knit hat (for Glacier Bay)- socks in your tennis shoes. And a pair of sandals-

You will definitely not need flannel lined jeans, unless you wear them when your temperatures at home are between 60-70 degrees.

I wear my same Eddie Bauer rain jacket, almost year round- just depends what I have under it- fall- early winter, spring- summer. And I have a nice collection of sandals- that I wear in the summer- rain or shine-

If you get to cold- the ships have great sweatshirts for sale, every port have fun sweatshirts and fleece- but you might be very surprised- it is not all that cold.

You will definitely not need flannel lined jeans, unless you wear them when your temperatures at home are between 60-70 degrees.

If you get to cold- the ships have great sweatshirts for sale, every port have fun sweatshirts and fleece- but you might be very surprised- it is not all that cold.[/QUOTE]

When we went in May, it WAS very cold. The temperature never rose above the mid 40s with a constant cold wind. I guess some of it is what you are used to. I'm from Alabama, RLBlack is from Alaska. I'm going to take my flannel lined jeans which I wear most of Alabama's winter.

Archived