Viking Lyon/Lyon Cruise - Maribelle - May 21

TravelingAnn

We are doing a southern France cruise on the former Viking Burgundy, now Maribelle, leaving May 21. This site does not have a review of the ship. Actually, can't find one anywhere. Does anyone have any experience on this cruise? Any helpful hints to impart? What type of tours are included - can you explore on your own instead?

We've cruised with Renaissance and Oceania, but do of course understand that river cruising is nothing like that.

Any suggestions you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

We are also on this cruise, but our flight is thru Heathrow, which is closed. I'll call Viking tomorrow and see what happens. We've never been on a river cruise before either. Oceania is our favorite cruise line. Did you get the email from Viking about follow up on Face Book? I enjoyed looking at the pics and how much fun they had. There is a place on the site that shows the tours. Almost all are included. I think there are 3 that are not. Call Viking tomorrow if you can't find them. I forgot to sign up and thought I could do so on the ship.

Thanks for responding, Tabbyrose. No, we're not extending. We leave this Thursday; fly into Zurich and connect to Lyon, then go directly to the ship. I hope flights are ok!

Will try to find site with photos. Looking forward to meeting you.

Good luck with your flights!

Archived