Possible CC Group Cruise - Freedom July 16, 2011

Gina477

Wondering if anyone would be interested in joining in a group cruise on the Carnival Freedom on July 16, 2011.

Itin is great::D

Departing Ft. Lauderdale and visiting

San Juan, PR

St. Thomas

Antigua

Tortola

Nassau

Who's interested???? :D

Just took a quick peak at the itinerary -- looks like an awesome sailing! Makes for a great birthday gift for me and my son. :D I'd be interested for sure.

That's awesome! My mom's birthday and my daughter's bday is in the same period! I'm excited!!

Ooooooh.. I like this one and it is in the summer when we can travel.. We would be interested.. :D

I know what you mean! I would prefer to travel in the summer, although it's peak. I know that the kids will be out of school.

I am interested too! I know I am cruising next Spring/Summer but haven't made up my mind where I am going yet:D

July is a great month for us - kids are out of school and it's my anniversary month :p

WOOHOOO!!! Definitely a perfect time to book when the kids are out of school!! :D

Wondering if anyone would be interested in joining in a group cruise on the Carnival Freedom on July 16, 2011.

Itin is great::D

Departing Ft. Lauderdale and visiting

San Juan, PR

St. Thomas

Antigua

Tortola

Nassau

Who's interested???? :D

If there are free berths,would you be keeping those or rebating the money back to those who do book?

Steve

What is a free berth? :confused:

When you do a group cruise, for every 8 cabins,you get a free cruise.SO if 16 cabins are booked,the group leader gets a free cabin. People try and come here and get others to book so they can cruise for free.They try and use their own personal happenings as the week they want to cruise.

If the group is a true group for fun, they will pay for their own cabin and give each of the other cabins a check/refund for the proportionate value of the free cruise.

So I asked the OP what are they going to do with the free cruise?Keep it for themselves or help everyone get a lower price.

STeve

When you do a group cruise, for every 8 cabins,you get a free cruise.SO if 16 cabins are booked,the group leader gets a free cabin. People try and come here and get others to book so they can cruise for free.They try and use their own personal happenings as the week they want to cruise.

If the group is a true group for fun, they will pay for their own cabin and give each of the other cabins a check/refund for the proportionate value of the free cruise.

So I asked the OP what are they going to do with the free cruise?Keep it for themselves or help everyone get a lower price.

STeve

Steve, Thanks for this post! I am a true newbie to group cruises and my whole purpose of the cruise is to get the discounts for everyone. I would most likely be cruising this itinerary on my own even if the group doesn't work out, but, I figure I would give it a shot.:o

So to answer your question, I would most definitely ensure that everyone else gets lower price!! :D

I am learning as I go, so please feel free to give me some advice.:)

The itinerary is good but sailing in July during summer vacation and hurricane season wouldn't be my first choice.

I love sailing in the summer! My first two cruises were in August. Although I know that it's a greater chance of hurricanes, it works out better for me during this time.

I just looked at the cost of summer cruises and they're HIGH....now I'm sure I'm not interested.

I agree; the rates are very high. :eek: Comes with travelling during the Summer I suppose. But doesn't a 'group cruise' get some sort of discount?

Either way, I'd still consider it. :)

I just looked at the cost of summer cruises and they're HIGH....now I'm sure I'm not interested.

I think the prices will go down. I also think the group rates would be reasonable. Just something to think about!!

I want everyone to have fun and be excited for the cruise as I am! So I am not pressuring anyone, just a thought if you're interested. I will keep an eye out! :)

I see.. so lets say the OP sailed for free, she would have to give money back, like in the form of a check to all that attended?

Yes, but keep in mind that is cruise fare only. So if a cabin is $1500 for 2 people,$1000 is cruise fare,so if 16 cabins were booked, every cabin would/should get about $60 back. The OP would no longer be sailing for free because she would put up the money she would have paid and would give it to each cabin.

Steve

I see.. so lets say the OP sailed for free, she would have to give money back, like in the form of a check to all that attended?

I think that everyone would receive a rebate after the group sales. Can anyone confirm this? :o

Since this itin is a little on the pricier side, I decided to research other cruises for the Summer 2011. I posted another thread called: 'Possible CC Group Cruise - Liberty July or August 2011'

In case anyone is interested.

Thanks for all your comments!!

Archived