HAL kids club

jam82

Are there restrooms in the kid club, or do the kids need to leave the club to use the restroom? We will be on the Oosterdam.

Also - Does HAL serve PB&J on board. If so, where?

The kids menu in the main dining room includes Pizza, hamburgers, grilled cheese, spaghetti and meatballs, peanut butter and jelly, chichen nuggets and hot dogs. All include french fries. Also kids can order appetizers off the main menu as well as desserts if they wish.

Here is a copy of the room service menu:

Available 24 hours:

Smoked Atlantic Salmon - pickled red onion, capers & cream cheese

Mesclun Garden Greens - tomato, cucumber, alfalfa sprouts & blue cheese crumbles

Triple Decker Club Sandwich - sliced turkey, ham, bacon, tomato & lettuce served on toasted bread of your choice

All American Hamburger - broiled 1/4 pound beef patty on a sesame bun with dill pickle & coleslaw - add cheddar or Swiss cheese

Open faced Omelet - ham & cheese or vegetables

Selection of assorted cheese with crackers

Apple tart with whipped cream

Chocolate cake with raspberry sauce

A plate of chocolate chip cookies with a glass of milk

Fruit salad - selected fruits in season

Available from 12 noon until 10 PM:

Appetizers & Soups:

Bay shrimp cocktail with cocktail sauce

Smoked Atlantic Salmon

French onion soup baked with Gruyere cheese

Soup of the day

Salads:

Mesclun Garden Greens

Chef salad - mixed greens, ham, salami, swiss cheese, turkey, hard boiled egg - choice of Italian or blue cheese dressing

Caesar salad - tossed with Caesar dressing, croutons & parmesan - add bay shrimp or grilled chicken breast

Sandwiches & Burgers:

All are served with a choice of potato salad or potato chips

Triple decker club sandwich

Broiled California chicken breast sandwich on multi=grain bread with avocado & honey mustard sauce

Grilled tuna melt - tuna salad & Swiss cheese on rye bread with pickle spears

Thai Vegetarian wrap - eggplant, bamboo shoots, bean sprouts & cilantro rolled with rice & green curry sauce in a tomato tortilla

Steak sandwich - sirloin steak on sourdough bread sauteed with onion & bell pepper

All American Hamburger

Entrees:

Seared salmon steak - dill-lime fusion, broccoli florets, carrot batonnet & country mashed potatoes

Penne Primavera - tossed in marinara sauce with Italian roasted vegetables - add grilled chicken breast

Pizza:

margarita (tomato sauce & cheese)

Pepperoni

Vegetarian (mushroom & bell pepper)

Desserts:

Apple tart

Chocolate cake

Creme caramel surrounded in berry compote

Fruit jello

fruit salad

Vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce

Selection of assorted cheese with crackers

And you can always order from the main dinner menu. Just remember to order within the first half hour from when the dining room opens. You can select whatever time you want to eat.

I'm not sure about the Oosterdam kids club but on the Zaandam they were located right outside.

However in a few days I will be on the O and can get back to you on it.

Thanks for all the info. If my DS can't find some food that he likes from all those choices, I will assume that he is just not hungry.

Do you know or can you find out if the Oosterdam has a Chef's Dinner?

Have a great cruise!

Are there restrooms in the kid club, or do the kids need to leave the club to use the restroom? We will be on the Oosterdam.

Also - Does HAL serve PB&J on board. If so, where?

How old is your child(ren)? In the Westerdam and Eurodam the bathroom is inside the Club and the facilities are child size if I recall. On the Eurodam we were with 3, 3, 2 and 7M. On the Westerdam the kids were one year old so three of the kids could go to Club Hal. If your darlings are young in age, make sure they can take care of themselves fully (wipe, wash and pull up their pants). My kids were fine since they've been going to Montessori since they were 19M but I noticed other young kids were not given much help by the counsellors. Good luck, have lots of fun.

DS is 3 and he goes to the bathroom, wipes, washes and dresses himself with no problem. However, I don't want him let out of the kids club to use the restroom. I would be concerned that he'd turn the wrong way and not make it back to the club. I hope that the Oosterdam is like the Westerdam so the bathrooms are inside the club.

We haven't sailed HAL yet (our first HAL cruise will be in July) but I have never seen a cruise line that didn't at least have peanut butter and jam avail;able at breakfast, for toast. At a bare minimum, you should be able to get it then. If you can't get it at any other time of day, there's nothing stopping you from making a few sandwiches during breakfast hours at the buffet, and bringing them down to your room!

Heck, in most ports, you can even bring peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with you when you go ashore, for a snack. Bring Ziploc bags if you want to do this. We normally just bring rolls and a cooler with ice and drinks from the buffet. Some ports are more restrictive about food than others, but normally they're only concerned about produce and meats, so bread and drinks are okay.

JAM82, I suggest you post on the question on the HAL board. There should be others who have cruised on your ship with kids. I've only done the Westerdam and Eurodam but I don't think the other ships should be any different. I'm glad to hear your son can take care of himself in the potty. He'll have fun if he goes to regular daycare or preschool. Lots of arts/crafts, in the day they go to the sports court and other "field trips" around the ship. They do not leave the Club at night. Thank goodness. I was afraid our kids would be outside and fall off the rail. It is pitch dark outside. I asked and they said no, they don't go outside in the dark.

Have fun.

Archived