Question about going to Hell

dave_gfu

I am a relatively new CC member. I am going on the Carnival Freedom and will be in Grand Cayman. I will be doing some snorkeling but I had wanted to go to Hell and send a few post cards to friends and family.

Has anybody done this before or have any advice they would like to bestow on me? Thanks.

Unfortunately, the day we went was on a Easter holiday so the post office was closed. To be honest, there is not much to see at Hell. A small platform with charred rock formations just beyond that. Definitely an experience to say you've been to Hell, especially if you can catch the post office open.

There isn't much to see there & we didn't have time to stop when we went by (wishing I made a point to stop now) but you can catch a "bus" (aka minivan) for $2 per person to anywhere you want to go...well that's what it was last May anyway. I will make a point to stop there & mail a postcard home next time I'm in the Caymans plus a few photo ops. :D

We just got back and it was lots of fun! Doesn't take much time since there isn't much to see or do but it's a unique place and fun to send the postcards and get some cute pictures! The postcards are cheap and you can also get your picture made with the owner who dresses like the devil and you can get your passport stamped too.

• 1 month later...

Archived