castaway cay

mushu11756

I was wondering if they supply toys for children on the beach? Or do you have to buy them ? I see you can buy a package that gives you a bucket, pail, and shovel etc. I was hoping that you could borrow them because I don't want to have another thing to lug home. Thanks

No, you have to purchase sand toys and they are pretty expensive. Of course, you have to walk past the displays on your way to the beach. Then, after spending so much, you feel you have to take them home. I crammed clothes inside of them to fit them in my suitcase. I would suggest buying some really inexpensive toys at home at fitting them in your suitcase somehow (pack socks, etc in them.) Then, just toss them there if you don't have room.

Have fun!

We brought some much cheaper ones from the Dollar Store. We left them at the beach (another group of kids that were playing with them so we gave them away). As we drove to Cape suitcase room wasn't an issue. But if you leave them behind (with someone else or in the trash) that opens up space for new stuff to bring home:o

I didn't think about that. Great info on these boards...I keep a note paper near the computer and wow!! Have I got lots of notes..:)

Did you see the tip thread yet? It's stickied at the top.

If someone hasn't already mentioned it.....We ordered specialty buckets from "Shirley" I think the name of the place is "A Special Gift" or something like that. I'll go searching and see if I can find the name. We had 2 wonderful buckets filled with goodies and sand toys delivered to our staterooms. My Kids had so much fun on the beach with sand toys. The buckets were so nice we actually managed to bring them home.

If you want to see a picture of how awesome they were, let me know and I can email them to you.

I found the link - http://www.theperfectgift.cc/

When we arrived in the cabin the kids found a note with the buckets that said, "Bon Voyage! from Captain Mickey" Shirley and her staff made them buckets up to our request and they were perfect arranged to meet the interests of the kids ages. I had 2 made up - one for my girls ages 9/7 and my boys 5/3. They weren't cheap, but the memory of the "Magic" these buckets brought can't be replaced. My email is:

stelmar@sbcglobal.net

We bought a samll pail set from Walmart just before we left on our cruise. Also picked up a few 1 or 2 dollar tools from the garden dept to use as shovels and rakes. When we got onboard, the pail set seemed reasonably priced compared to the big box stores on land, so we got one of those also for the kids, so each kid had there own.Still have them as the one on the ship and Island (same set) comes in a nylon mesh carry bag, that says Cast Away Cay or DCL. I forget which off hand.If you wanted to keep it, on or more of the kids could carry it on their shoulder rather than pack it.

Archived