having read all reviews about the dream

Hi all i have read all the reviews regarding the dream both on this site,the main site and cruise.co.uk site and most are a bit of a mixed bag.Travelling on the dream on tuesday the 18th of may, i have decided that i will go with a open mind and enjoy myself because at the end of the day there is some people that will complain about everything (no offence intended). This is my first cruise and yes i was very mislead by the TA and payed alot of money but i intend to make the most of it and have a good time, sandra:rolleyes:

Hope that you have a fantastic first cruise Bethyboo, we are sailing on 22nd with Destiny will be our first time on this ship, have done the celebration before and loved it and i never wanted to do a cruise holiday

that good to hear ,i hope you enjoy it .We did ,we were on from the 27 of April ,it was our first cruise .We never had a problem with noise or air conditoning ,we never had the AI ,we thought the food was good and the enertainment was good .Our only problem was there was a mix up of cards ,the waiter gave my dad someone else card .We feared the worst but luckily who ever got dad's card never went crazy on it .

Hi all i have read all the reviews regarding the dream both on this site,the main site and cruise.co.uk site and most are a bit of a mixed bag.Travelling on the dream on tuesday the 18th of may, i have decided that i will go with a open mind and enjoy myself because at the end of the day there is some people that will complain about everything (no offence intended). This is my first cruise and yes i was very mislead by the TA and payed alot of money but i intend to make the most of it and have a good time, sandra:rolleyes:

Hi Sandra,

We are on the Dream 25th May. Like you I have read all the dreadful reviews and have been very worried, but we will go with an open mind and are going to do our best to have a great time. We are taking our teenage daughter so booked a de-lux on the promenade deck as they are supposed to be bigger, but some have said they wouldn't have a cabin on that deck as people walk past the windows. I'm hoping the windows will be high up or one sided reflective glass. We too thought the ship was new, but soon found out otherwise and then it was too late as we had already booked. So we are hoping for the best and are prepared to grit our teeth and we have a week on Mallorca afterwards. What I really resent is being misled as the ship was billed as new. Thomson won't get our custom for future holidays - unless all the current reviews turn out to be wrong. We didn't get AI as the travel agent messed up and we missed it, but looking at what people have said its no bad thing. Cest la vie:rolleyes:

Hope you enjoy your holiday.

Jen

hi hope you have a great cruise you just have go and decide for yourself have a good 1:D:D:D

Hi Sandra,

We are on the Dream 25th May. Like you I have read all the dreadful reviews and have been very worried, but we will go with an open mind and are going to do our best to have a great time. We are taking our teenage daughter so booked a de-lux on the promenade deck as they are supposed to be bigger, but some have said they wouldn't have a cabin on that deck as people walk past the windows. I'm hoping the windows will be high up or one sided reflective glass. We too thought the ship was new, but soon found out otherwise and then it was too late as we had already booked. So we are hoping for the best and are prepared to grit our teeth and we have a week on Mallorca afterwards. What I really resent is being misled as the ship was billed as new. Thomson won't get our custom for future holidays - unless all the current reviews turn out to be wrong. We didn't get AI as the travel agent messed up and we missed it, but looking at what people have said its no bad thing. Cest la vie:rolleyes:

Hope you enjoy your holiday.

Jen

hi we are also on the 25th. same as you. Misled big time by TA but paid money now just have to make sure we enjoy it and dont let the little things get us down we have paid for AI so i will be one at the bar trying cocktail of the day (Everyday) if not happy just have to fight my corner with thomsons when we get back hope you have a great time:D:D:D

Have a good time, we're on the Dream 10th Aug for 2wks our 1st time as well,we booked the AI and was told when we booked by the TA that she was a new ship to Thomsons and was in dock getting reburbised which she wasn't as we all know.

Just enjoy .

Hi Sandra,

We are on the Dream 25th May. Like you I have read all the dreadful reviews and have been very worried, but we will go with an open mind and are going to do our best to have a great time. We are taking our teenage daughter so booked a de-lux on the promenade deck as they are supposed to be bigger, but some have said they wouldn't have a cabin on that deck as people walk past the windows. I'm hoping the windows will be high up or one sided reflective glass.

Passengers walking past will only be able to see into your cabin if their nose is touching the glass!!! We had an out side plus on deck 9 on the inaugural cruise. The deluxe cabins are longer and have an internal door. Wont frighten you with any more moans, just hope everything improves before you go.

Shirley.

Hope you both have a great time, don't forget to let us know how you get on :)

Hi everyone,

Really looking forward to it now. Happy to post review on return. Happy cruising to all. Bye for now..... I am sailing, I am sailing........:D

Archived