Epic leaving drydock

Zimomiller

Just checked the position of the Epic on marinetraffic.com and it shows her underway at 3.1 knots currently leaving drydock and heading into the Bay

Major progress to see her on her way.

Cool! I'm sure she's been out of drydock for quite some time though

I didn't know that site existed. Seems the Epic is out on Sea Trials again, but it's heading up into the bay under the bridge at 5 knots. Wonder if it's going to turn around and go out to sea. It's got 4 tugs surrounding it at the moment too. Not sure what's up with that

Thanks for the heads-up. Always fun to voyeur things like this

She has been sitting in wetdock the past few days after the engine replacement, painting and fire repairs.

I figured if they had her floating she would be underway soon assuming they were able to fix the fire damage.

I think she is heading to a new location to complete finishing work as the final sea trial are scheduled for late may early June now.

Just checked the position of the Epic on marinetraffic.com and it shows her underway at 3.1 knots currently leaving drydock and heading into the Bay

Major progress to see her on her way.

Thanks for the site. It's a new one to me - I like it!

Now I"m watching the traffic in the English Channel. Wow. lol. Oh, and if you click on any of the ships on the map, you'll get info including a link to a pictures where available. There are a bunch for the EPic

Register and then go in and set up your fleet.

That is a great way to be able to have a screen full of ships and locations you want to track in real time just a click away

Maybe you can help. I set up my "fleet", but I don't see any easy to way to see where they are without all the noise. I check the fleet box, and at the wider view I still see groups of hundreds ships in an area, without notification of where my "fleet" is. Any suggestions?

This is a good site effectively.

We can see the ship simply left the Joubert form and is now into another bay in St-Nazaire. Major progress since she's not in a dry dock anymore.

Maybe you can help. I set up my "fleet", but I don't see any easy to way to see where they are without all the noise. I check the fleet box, and at the wider view I still see groups of hundreds ships in an area, without notification of where my "fleet" is. Any suggestions?

On the main screen, uncheck the boxes for all the different display options after you select my fleet. That will elimnate lots of other ships, markers etc

On the main screen, uncheck the boxes for all the different display options after you select my fleet. That will elimnate lots of other ships, markers etc

Thanks, but it doesn't seem to provide me any guidance at a macro view...like looking at the Caribbean overall. It will still show that there are 40 ships off Puerto Rico, for example. I was hoping it would just show me where my 6 or 7 ships are. You can't see individual ships until you zoom in much closer, so need to basically know where your fleet is to start with.

Archived