Beach Vow Renewal?? Yucatan Today Says "no english-speaking coordinators"

I'm hoping hdawson, or someone else familar with Progreso/Merida can help me.

We want to do a vow renewal on this trip, and at first thought we would book the one on Carnival; however, I now realize that I'd really like to do it on the beach, or at least outdoors somewhere pretty; not in a lounge on the ship.

Is the Progreso stop somewhere that I could have this done? As I titled in the post, I checked the Yucatan Today website and they say they don't know of any English speaking coordinators in that area as of right now.

I don't need to actually get married, so practically ANYONE could "officiate" LOL I just want a small area for my husband to stand, and a small "aisle" for my two daughters and myself to walk down. Then we could do some sort of "repeat after me" type of vows, maybe say something to one another, kiss and voila! Everyone has that warm fuzzy feeling!! ;)

What do you think??

I really like the idea of the renewal of your sacred vows. The Progreso beach is pretty active on cruise days. Something might be arranged with the all-inclusive Reef Yucatan.

http://www.reefyucatan.com/index_esp.php

You might also consider one of the many beautiful plazas in Merida. I particularily like this small one. The statue memorializes motherhood. A mother with her infant and little girl. I hope you get just the one pic but if you get the entire album, all the better. lol Pls excuse the thumb in the corder of the pic. lol

http://www.photoworks.com/slideshow/album/AEC57431AD80?source=pw_apm980

If you want to dress special, you might consider an early stop at the Mercado (major local market) and purchase a mexican appliqued or embroided dress and for him a guiebera tropical shirt. Please excuse any misspellings. Looks like you are getting the complete album so you'll recognize the dress and shirt.

Here is the album showing the shirt and dress.

http://www.photoworks.com/my-photoworks/albums/47721011

I recall that a Prespiterian (really bad spelling) church in Merida provides English service part of the year. They may also be able to help you. May take some googling.

I find Merida to be a truely romantic city. People of all ages walking hand in hand.

To me the restaurant Puerto de Peregrino on Calle 57 between Calle 60 and 62 has a romantic courtyard restaurant with very good food and service.

Archived