Best time to board with young kids?

BlancaNoir

What is the best time to board so that you have the least waiting time?

We're booked for a 7 day cruise to the Mexican Riveria in October. It's on RCI Mariner of the Seas, leaving from Los Angeles. We're going with my two children. My daughter will be 4, my son 6. My son has high functioning autism and has trouble waiting. We usually avoid situations where he has to wait. When we go to Disneyland we get a special pass that lets us get on faster. (it's a pass for the disabled. We bring his paperwork with the diagnosis, etc)

I figure on board I will time our activities and meals to have as few waits as possible.

Is the shortest wait if you arrive early? Late? After everyone else is on?

We are in a jr. Suite so not sure if that will help with the process.

Thanks,

Cara

What is the best time to board so that you have the least waiting time?

We're booked for a 7 day cruise to the Mexican Riveria in October. It's on RCI Mariner of the Seas, leaving from Los Angeles. We're going with my two children. My daughter will be 4, my son 6. My son has high functioning autism and has trouble waiting. We usually avoid situations where he has to wait. When we go to Disneyland we get a special pass that lets us get on faster. (it's a pass for the disabled. We bring his paperwork with the diagnosis, etc)

I figure on board I will time our activities and meals to have as few waits as possible.

Is the shortest wait if you arrive early? Late? After everyone else is on?

We are in a jr. Suite so not sure if that will help with the process.

Thanks,

Cara

If you have a Suite, you do get priority boarding. That is normal for Suite guests on Royal Caribbean.

Are you a Platinum or higher Crown & Anchor member? If so, you can bypass other lines as well.

Since your son has a documented medical condition, maybe you could call RCI and ask them if they can accommodate you in an expediated manner to board the ship.

It is really hit or miss to recommend getting there early. Sometimes you can walk right on. Othertimes, every else got their early and the waits are longer.

I wouldn't recommend waiting until the last minute (i.e. right before they close the doors). You never know what might happen.

Call RCI and see if they can help. Best of luck!

I do not know how RCI is about lines in San Pedro, but I do know you can not go to your room on that line till after noon. You should plan to get to the port after that.

Also contact special needs and make sure you get a priority for embarcation and for debark. Waiting to get off the ship I swear is worse than getting on. More cramped areas.

You will all have a wonderful time.

Archived