Type of Souveniers Available

Dishbaby

Could someone please tell me what types of souveniers are available here ? I kind of want to give my kids an idea of what is available, so they can tell me some things they'd like to have. Also, can you give me an idea of what to pay for these things, since I hear it's a barter system ? :confused:

I don't remember any "bargaining" while we were there either. The prices seemed fixed. We found a little shop with pirate things (flags, bandanas, kids swords etc) that was fun. I remember lots of jewelry, rum cake and hot sauce. Little carved animals (made from some type of rock...not sure what). Seems like there is a glass blowing place close to the pier. There is the typical "tourist stuff" fridge magnets, picture frames and assorted knicknacks with "Grand Cayman" printed on them. One fellow had a shop that "minted" silver "coins" with a string ray on one side (can't remember the other side). You could make a necklace out of it. It seems he also had some old coins to sell. That's all that comes to mind right now.

pirate stuff, t-shirts, "real" pirate coins from sunken treasure. Usual stuff you would find. I didn't see any bartering going on. It wasn't like the markets at St. Thomas or the beaches of St. Maarten for bartering.

We bought a sunken treasure coin from the Artifact Store that is close to the pier for $10.00. It was minted in 1808 and is solid copper. It comes with the story of the ship and how they recovered the coins. We bought this for our teenage son and he thought it was pretty cool. They have many other items as well.

Archived