Playing for the BJ dealer, how much and how often

flagger

First I ask if they prefer a tip or the play. If they prefer the play, the amount depends on the table history, my history, and the amount I won.

Hmmmm, and I was under the assumption that you don't tip :D

###

Maybe he has changed his ways:D

I would toss a dollar chip out as a tip every now and then, and most times the dealer would make it part of my bet so I would "play for the dealer." As someone else said, depends on the dealer how they prefer it, and how often and how much depends on how well I'm doing. :)

The dealers rather you to bet the tip, if your hand wins, they are payed your tip plus an equal amount from the bank. On a $5.00 table, bet a dollar or two, more if you are doing good. Bet it when it feels right or you have won a few hands in a row. I personally rarely bet a tip. (I always seems to lose on it). If I am up, winning a few hands in a row or a good double down, I just tip a few dollars. I always tip the loose change on a paid blackjack. If I am doing bad, I might place a bet tip for the dealer (bribery) just to try and change things up.

I agree, dealers always prefer a bet rather than a tip. I usually bet a $1 about once a shoe (more if it is a 5-6 deck shoe), and usually after a loss as I tend to win when I bet for the dealer more often than not. :D If I win a really nice hand, or if I am up when I leave, then I will give a straight out tip, usually $5 or $10 depending on how personable the dealer was.

-Laurie

Archived